Interesting 2011 information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pffft if Barbara walks just because he doesn't get the fullback position and is unhappy on the bench then good riddens. Pretty **** attitude if he thinks like that. Take it like a man and do what the coach says.
But I highly doubt he thinks like a retard.

roberts_6_leb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barba = fullback
Makes decisions easier....then we could have roberts 6
keating can eff off

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pffft if Barbara walks just because he doesn't get the fullback position and is unhappy on the bench then good riddens. Pretty **** attitude if he thinks like that. Take it like a man and do what the coach says.
He may not even have a spot on the bench if Moore decides to go with Keating. I wouldnt blame Barba if he does decide to walk.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barba isn't fullback next year he'll leave the club !
I recall the Dogs let one Jonathan Thurston go a few years back and he's the worlds best player now.
F...k Moore off and keep Barba !

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
He didn't re-sign for 2 years just to play NSW cup.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right Bear !
And Barba will become one of the most dynamic players we've ever seen.
He's the next Billy Slater without question and we'll lose him if we f...k him around

Charles Tesse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the rumours are correct about Marmin Barba going to Parra then watch Parra do the sneaky and get Ben Barba. He wont stay around if not given the chance.
Ben Barba is better when he roams around following the forwards and feeding off thier offloads especially when we have Eastwood and Pritchard carting it up.

Charles Tesse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone confirm if we are after Andrew Fifita (its a rumour i saw on this website). He would be great for the Dogs coming off the bench. But at the same time we have Kasiano who need to play FG next year (otherwise he could follow Sione (John) Kite and leave. This is extremely important especially if the rumour is true about Tandy...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Tandy gets sacked for this every referee who has decided against Hayne/Morris/Vatuvei/Slater as first tryscorer needs to be scrutinized. Every penalty goal in front of the posts as opening points must be analyzed and a serious look at gambling practices in league should be on the cards. Refereeing doesn't look impartial to me. It would be far easier for a ref to ensure a penalty in front to open the scoring than any player and it seems as if no attention is being paid to the refs on this matter.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know why everyone hates turner? He is good under the high ball and has played games at fullback in first grade (even this year)

Barba is untried at fullback (think he had 1 or 2 games there when patten was out few years back)

Turner wont let anyone down at fullback. But if he does get the 1 then we need a new winger and possibly right centre if idris plays backrow then you bought keating so you think he be in top 17 where does it leave barba???

To accomodate everyone i would put barba at fullback, leave turner on the wing and play keating on the bench. But what the kennlers/niff nuffs want and what moore does are two different things. A the end of the day moore has a game plan and a vision and right or wrong thats the way the team will line up.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems like if the rumours of Wright and Lett are true you potentually have a new right side attack so I guess the Turner at fullback rumour will only get stronger. Will be a shame if barba plays reserve grade again. Roberts, Hodkinson, keating, Barba dont all fit in the 17 unless one of them plays fullback. Maybe Barba will develop in nsw cup as a fullback and get the 1 in 2012

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if barba isn't fullback next year he'll leave the club !
I recall the dogs let one jonathan thurston go a few years back and he's the worlds best player now.
F...k moore off and keep barba !

x2

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
barba needs to be the 2011 FB IMO maybe he lets in a try but he will definitely score you one or two and set up a couple and get you on the front foot with his speed

lets do a comparison

barba is
+faster runner
+better ball player
+has a better kicking game
+is a great support player and often creates tries from nothing

Turner is
+better in defense

to me its an easy decision Barba at No.1

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I recall the Dogs let one Jonathan Thurston go a few years back and he's the worlds best player now.
Lol JT WAS the best player. Id rate a number of players higher than him these days. Hes an injury prone player these days and not as sharp as he used to be. I wouldnt want him in our side on any money.

Barba will be in the side, whether it be at FB or as an impact player off the bench. A lot of very good players spend thier careers playng from the bench.

And to those who say Barba has no FB experience, he spent most of his juniors there.

Turner would be safer defensively at FB, but wouldnt offer as much in attack, its a hard call to make.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
barba is
+faster runner
+better ball player
+has a better kicking game
+is a great support player and often creates tries from nothing

Turner is
+better in defense
Steve turner had probably had 10-15 games at fullback in First grade and never put a foot wrong. Also he is great under the high ball. Barba is untested at the back probably apart from 100 mins if that. Also yes barba is a great attacking weapon but still has a negative impact on games. I think against manly. He scored a great try but let in 3-4. So overall his contribution to the game was -2 tries.

I am a Barba fan and I hope he doesnt leave but what evidence is everyone using to say barba is a better fullback then tuner and he should get the start??? I think he has played a full game in 08 when patten was out and 20 mins in 2010 when patten got knocked out. Didnt really shine in any (yes i understand he isnt going to score 5 tries in 100 mins of football, but his defensive reads where poor and cleaning up at the back was poor) although i think he did score a 70 meter try in one of the games.

To accommodate Barba he should be at fullback. But probably the best fullback out of our current roster Turner must be infront.

I would love to see Barba get a start and kill it because it does solve the problem of having 4 halves to fit in 2 starting positions.

blue&whitepride

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Solution maybe- Name Barba at fullback, play him on the wing in defence or one in, play Turner at fullback - in attack swap them around. Could work

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Solution maybe- Name Barba at fullback, play him on the wing in defence or one in, play Turner at fullback - in attack swap them around. Could work
Nostradamus won't understand this. It's too Confucius.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please dont compare him to thurstan, Thurstan show'd that he was a 5/8/halfback in his 1st season with us, Barba has proven nothing other then he can make afew breaks he has speed and footwork, What we learnt in 2010= His passing game is rubbish nowhere near good enough to be in the halves, His kicking game what kicking game, Other then afew breaks on some lazy ****house defence (sharks,raiders) whats he done, I dont see what everyone jizzes about

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
his defence is still questionable....i much rather have turner at fullback tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.