Interesting 2011 information

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was having a chat recently to one of the bulldogs assistant strength and conditioning coaches who also is a part time general assistant at a primary school in Sydneys inner west where we were doing some work. I dont think it is fair to name him but I will say that he is listed on the bulldogs website in their coaching staff.

The interesting things he said were:

Andrew Ryan on $90 000 next year due to a front loaded contract

Club is still chasing Adam Blair for next year. He really wants to come as he is only on $150 000 at the Storm and the dogs have offered him a back loaded contract starting at $200 000. But he said it is highly unlikely that the Storm will release him but TG is still negotiating.

Steve Turner will start at fullback in 2011, he said he played Schoolboys there and the club see him as a safer option to begin with

The club has signed Wright from Parramatta (If this has been officially announced already I apologise)

It is becoming increasingly unlikely that Tandy will be at the club next year. (Ill let you speculate about what that means)

Like I said I heard it from the horses mouth from somebody who is high up in the coaching staff. If people want to question any of it then go ahead but in my opinion this guy is rock solid.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
indeed that is interesting....i guess we'll see what will happen come season 2011

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
if turner goes to fullback i wonder where barba fits in and who plays wing

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was having a chat recently to one of the bulldogs assistant strength and conditioning coaches who also is a part time general assistant at a primary school in Sydneys inner west where we were doing some work. I dont think it is fair to name him but I will say that he is listed on the bulldogs website in their coaching staff.

The interesting things he said were:

Andrew Ryan on $90 000 next year due to a front loaded contract

Club is still chasing Adam Blair for next year. He really wants to come as he is only on $150 000 at the Storm and the dogs have offered him a back loaded contract starting at $200 000. But he said it is highly unlikely that the Storm will release him but TG is still negotiating.

Steve Turner will start at fullback in 2011, he said he played Schoolboys there and the club see him as a safer option to begin with

The club has signed Wright from Parramatta (If this has been officially announced already I apologise)

It is becoming increasingly unlikely that Tandy will be at the club next year. (Ill let you speculate about what that means)

Like I said I heard it from the horses mouth from somebody who is high up in the coaching staff. If people want to question any of it then go ahead but in my opinion this guy is rock solid.
He is really well kept in the loop for an assistant strength and conditioning coach who only works part time in that role immortalbulldog. I'm not doubting that he said those things to you but i'd take it with a grain of salt. He's probably only going on rumors from within the club too. If he knows as much as you claim Greenburg must often open the doors of his office and spew forth private facts about his employees at the top of his lungs.

Typical morning in the Bulldogs offices.
12 staff working quietly at their tasks when Greenburg slams open the office door "Hey everyone, Turns out Blair is only on 150K a season, if we can get the storm to release him we'll pick him up for 200K this season and up his pay rate in coming years when he's grown complacent. We can do it this way because Ryans only gettin 90K this season Yallahhhh Dooogggiiieeesss".......Silence from the 12 staff who look up puzzled at the interruption....... "Back to work everybody time is money" finishes Greenburg as he runs off to tell the janitorial staff.

B

BoonReturns

He is really well kept in the loop for an assistant strength and conditioning coach who only works part time in that role immortalbulldog. I'm not doubting that he said those things to you but i'd take it with a grain of salt. He's probably only going on rumors from within the club too. If he knows as much as you claim Greenburg must often open the doors of his office and spew forth private facts about his employees at the top of his lungs.

12 staff working quietly at their tasks when Greenburg slams open the office door "Hey everyone, Turns out Blair is only on 150K a season, if we can get the storm to release him we'll pick him up for 200K this season and up his pay rate in coming years when he's grown complacent. We can do it this way because Ryans only gettin 90K this season Yallahhhh Dooogggiiieeesss".......Silence from the 12 staff who look up puzzled at the interruption....... "Back to work everybody time is money" finishes Greenburg as he runs off to tell the janitorial staff.
Classic, its even more humerous comming from somebody on this forum.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

I never said he got it straight from Greenburg. He would obviously have a lot of contact with the coaches and players. If TG was thinking something about recruitment of players or retention etc I'm sure he'd ask Moore and Moore would ask his staff for their opinion and also keep them in the loop.

Think about every job you've had and their is a hierarchy. While you may not deal with the boss directly you always work with someone who does

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
I'd love 2 get blair but I doubt storm would release him as they r abit thin upfront which I think they will play him,storm also had Blair as captain during the year when smith was out.
As I said would love 2 get him but doubt it, maybe end of next year when he is off contract n Ryan leaves.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barba then Lett should be given a shot at fullback BEFORE Turner... FMD Turner offers little in attack which is a big role for fullbacks these days

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only thing i got out of this is ryans salary. everything else has been circulating for quite some time.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
Interesting read.. I had a feeling that Kevvy was going to start Turner at fullback next season.. Not saying that I agree.. Just a feeling.. Hopefully we can pick up Blair as he would be a great addition to our already awesome forward pack.. In greenburg we trust..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD I'll be fuming if we have Turner at fullback... I dont mind the bloke but fek that will stifle our attack... I still have not seen him beat anyone due to pace just seen him get run down by back rowers...

turner may have his place in the team but it is not fullback!

If Barba is not given a chance at fullback he should walk...

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Modern day Fullbacks need speed to counter attack and make the most of lazy chases. I find that Turner is only affective when he is runiing from dummy half after a forward charge or from patten / goodwin. Barba could be the spark we need from the back.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
If Barba is not given a chance at fullback he should walk...
Wouldn't blame Barba if he did...

There's only so many times a talented player can put up with being shafted by their coach...

S

Shermy

I am of the belief that Blair isnt on 150,000. It is much more then that. After learning what they signed up Jaiman Lowe for..they would have used that money on Blair if they really needed too. I think he will be staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.