Inglis VS Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as consistency goes I wouldn't call either player consistent. Inglis started the year strong then disappeared soon after. He played well in Origin without being totally dominant then disappeared again. He's only come good again last night.

As I see it the main bonus' of each player are:

Hayne - Stong defence, good vision, good playmaking skills

Inglis - Pure strength, good vision

Hayne:

Tackles - 76
Missed tackles - 21

Inglis:

Tackles - 81
Missed tackles - 9

On the opposite I find it interesting that Inglis has more tackles than Hayne but much less missed tackles.
Wouldnt those stats make G.I a stronger defender than Hayne?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldnt those stats make G.I a stronger defender than Hayne?
This season it looks like it. I always picture Hayne as the strongest defender 'cause he has some amazing one on one saves but the stats show Inglis as the better defender overall.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Happy to have either but damn, hard decision. GI doesn't really get injured often but hayne has a massive boot, is probably faster than GI (based on 2011 gatorade challenge where he came 2nd?) and managed to take the eels to the grand final in 2009.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This season it looks like it. I always picture Hayne as the strongest defender 'cause he has some amazing one on one saves but the stats show Inglis as the better defender overall.
Tbh i think they are both strong defenders. Both seen their fare share of try savers. But yea by those stats, Inglis would have him beat just because he would have a higher tackle completion rate.

Personally id still take Inglis because in my opinion he does it more over the years than Hayne but Haynes ceiling is definitely a lot higher than Inglis. If Hayne could be at or near his best every year instead of 09 & 14, it would be a different story.

Also sucks that rep games cant be compared because Inglis plays centre and Hayne FB.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hayne, he seems smarter than Inglis.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest i'd take either and be happy to have them.

Hayne is probably the more complete player and creates more for those around him. Inglis is a monster who has the bulk and sheer strength to bust the line against forwards. I'd probably prefer Hayne.We have plenty of monsters in our forward pack so Inglis would be handy but i think Hayne would keep teams guessing in regards to what we were going to do next He's a roaming playmaker who oozes finishing ability. The attacking stats of both players can come down to individual performance but the defensive stats may be swayed by the defensive capabilities of the side they play for. Parra are probably weaker defensively so Hayne would be called on for more last ditch efforts. It may sway the stats a bit, just saying. Doubt we will see either of them in our side.

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both freaks and any club would jump at the chance to have either of them. The two form players in the comp, but the ironic part is that when the 4 nations rolls around at the end of the year, both will most likely have to move out of their preferred position to play for Australia

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Inglis is far superior to Hayne. I love watching him tackle plays on the attack .. Lol. Very hard to stop only our Josh Reynolds knows how to tackle him properly .

Hayne on the other hand is crap at defending his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.