Inglis to Souths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I love how people talk about the salary cap every time a player signs (or is looking to sign) with another club. They then proceed to list all the players, and make stupid and uneducated estimates as to how much they think these players would be earning.

When someone signs with the Dogs, it's either "F*ck yes!" or "What a dud signing...". I'd love to see more people keep an open mind and question our own cap continuously.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
I love how people talk about the salary cap every time a player signs (or is looking to sign) with another club. They then proceed to list all the players, and make stupid and uneducated estimates as to how much they think these players would be earning.

When someone signs with the Dogs, it's either "F*ck yes!" or "What a dud signing...". I'd love to see more people keep an open mind and question our own cap continuously.
This.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Let's be serious I cannot foresee GI going anywhere else but the Broncos or Titans. The last option would be to stay with the Storm.

His fiance resides in Brisbane so he'll most likely land in QLD.

X

XxFoVoSxX

lol if the salary cap auditors haven't picked up on a possible cap rort then the nrl is a joke -_-

you telling me that burgess is on peanuts? a 4 year contract worth 200k? he'd be on atleast 350-400k -_-

asotasi, whole different ball game... he'd be on a nice contract too... 370-420?

crocker? decent coing... 250-350

sutton would be on decent coin...

fmd i cbf going thru everyone but this smells like rort -_-
Yianni, Im pretty sure Crocker is on match payments.

plus you have to remember alot of the players arent representative players either so they probably wouldnt be on heaps, they cant really demand that much coin in that case and would take whats on offer.
FYI i didnt post the above comment, my mate was over and he was reading thru.. tbh i just saw this :/

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
Yianni, Im pretty sure Crocker is on match payments.

plus you have to remember alot of the players arent representative players either so they probably wouldnt be on heaps, they cant really demand that much coin in that case and would take whats on offer.
wonder where you got that info from you dud :p haha

Honestly I am weary about souths and the cap. But We have one rep player Being Dave Taylor. Sutton would be on decent money but I honestly don't think many players are getting paid a decent wage at souths. Where can they justify giving them large amounts of money when for one we haven't been in the semis and haven't fielded a decent side. Sure there are players with experience but only Taylor, Asotasi, Sutton and Burgess would be getting a good pay packet. The others Im not so sure about

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton and Sandow wouldn't be cheap

Then there's

Asotasi
Crocker
Burgess
Taylor
Luke
Merritt
Talanoa
Stuart
Pettybourne
Wesser

They can't afford Inglis
sandow got promoted from toyota cup mate and probably is the worst halfback in the game he is still very young only like 22 or something

sutton is very inconsistent and not worth big money

Wesser was lucky to get picked up by anyone

Stuart meh

Crocker off field issues injury prone and other issues would've brought down his price a fair bit

Isaac luke has had a stand out season this year he was running 2nd behind craig wing and not getting many minutes

merritt is a good winger nothing fantastic

you have to remember that they sign alot of players based on potential when they aren't big yet and also the fact that their pay packet doesn't go through the roof due to making the finals which they haven't made recently

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
GI at centre is worth 250k at the most.

GI at fullback is worth 450k.

I laugh at any team that spends big money on him then hides him out in the centres.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just don't believe for a second they are under the cap. Especially with Crowe at the helm

I hate them and perhaps thats blinding my judgement but looking at their team list there is no way they are under IMO

Regardless of Inglis being a **** and hitting his girlfriend he is my favourite player outside the Bulldogs and i would be so pissed if he went to Souths.

from the tele today;
Inglis told Champion he does not want to live in Sydney and his preference was to join a Queensland club to be close to girlfriend Sally Robinson, who is working in Brisbane. But the 23-year-old agreed to meet Crowe to listen to his offer.

Good.

I heard somewhere that Beau Champion is GI's cousin, can anyone confirm?
second cousin

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They are aboriginal.. they are all related.

Campbell at the Titans is his cousin. Kelly at the sharks is his cousin. Champion at souths is his cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.