Information Sought

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am looking for some resources for rugby league history & was hoping someone out there may be able to help.

Does anybody know of a list of players from each club? I have one for the Bulldogs, Souths Sydney & Eastern Suburbs. This is apart from what is listed at rugbyleagueproject.org & in the Encyclopedia of Rugby League players.

I am trying to find the first names of

Balmain - H.Wright five-eighth 1935-1937

St.George - H.Hodgson prop forward (from Cootamundra) 1935

North Sydney - A.Lyons lock 1933-1936

North Sydney - W.O'Toole prop forward 1935

Thank you

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I am looking for some resources for rugby league history & was hoping someone out there may be able to help.

Does anybody know of a list of players from each club? I have one for the Bulldogs, Souths Sydney & Eastern Suburbs. This is apart from what is listed at rugbyleagueproject.org & in the Encyclopedia of Rugby League players.

Thank you
All of them are on wikipedia but you need to search for them in google.

For example, type this...

"North Sydney Bears Players"

Then you get this wikipedia hit... every single player for the bears!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:North_Sydney_Bears_players

Easy :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Thank you
Are we able to ask why you want the names? I'm quite curious!

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say it's for their website. H is not good for doing searches and sorting in databases.

I checked a few old newspapers but their reporting style only lists surnames https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17204439

There were a couple of Harold Wrights born in 1911 which might put them at the playing age, they were born in Petersham and Marrickville which is fairly local.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say it's for their website. H is not good for doing searches and sorting in databases.

I checked a few old newspapers but their reporting style only lists surnames https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17204439

There were a couple of Harold Wrights born in 1911 which might put them at the playing age, they were born in Petersham and Marrickville which is fairly local.
Sometimes if you guess a name & put into Trove or duckduckgo.com, you can snag one, but I haven't for these ones

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we able to ask why you want the names? I'm quite curious!
OCD. I like the history of the club & I am collecting info from throughout the years. The NRL is tough to follow these days, but I don't mind some of the old stuff.