In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@1967 im waiting Uleh
I’m not naïve enough to go searchin through all your fake accounts gold fish .. especially when you already know it ..

I’m to busy educating your ass on the finer points of rugby league … still can’t believe you didn’t know the Morris twins father was an elite player ,,, you so far behind it’s like snoop thinking about his first number for the day ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not naïve enough to go searchin through all your fake accounts gold fish .. especially when you already know it ..

I’m to busy educating your ass on the finer points of rugby league … still can’t believe you didn’t know the Morris twins father was an elite player ,,, you so far behind it’s like snoop thinking about his first number for the day ..
Who said I didnt know?
I said I researched him, I didnt say I researched him today.

You are forgetting I am a student of the game.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who said I didnt know?
I said I researched him, I didnt say I researched him today.

You are forgetting I am a student of the game.
Inhale the good shit ..

Exhale the BS ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Inhale the good shit ..

Exhale the BS ..
You do know that there was a thousand Rti les about this when the kids were playing still.
I always remember it because his nickname was slippery Steve and I always pictures him struggling to do a wee because it kept slipping out of his hand. Just one of those things that randomly go through your mind

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson comes to mind

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do know that there was a thousand Rti les about this when the kids were playing still.
I always remember it because his nickname was slippery Steve and I always pictures him struggling to do a wee because it kept slipping out of his hand. Just one of those things that randomly go through your mind
I was watching him carve up footy before your unused little slippery Steve Indian tic tac was even a blip on the radar … nice to know you can use Google though ..

And your naive enough to ask if I knew his boys were twins … to funny

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching him carve up footy before your unused little slippery Steve Indian tic tac was even a blip on the radar … nice to know you can use Google though ..

And your naive enough to ask if I knew his boys were twins … to funny
Why do u know him?
U r getting so offended because I told u they were twins after literally agreeing with me that Josh Morris was rated highly.
Seemed a brotherly moment between us for one second. The irony because we then spoke about brothers!
And don’t say Indian tic tac. The correct term is strong and throbbing Lebanese (you know what).

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same for Turvey. He had to play second fiddle to Sterling - but he did lead us to the first SOO series victory.
Turvey wasn’t under rated in my eyes he was and always be a club legend. One of the best this club has ever had. He and Terry Lamb are the best backs I’ve ever seen at the club.

As for Turvey playing 2nd fiddle to Sterlo. Far from it from what I saw of the 2 and I’m not being biased. Don’t get me wrong Sterlo was a wonderful player and club legend for the Eels but always thought Brett Kenny was even better, a freak, as he did all the work off Sterlo’s kicking game. Sterlo was slow and had the luxury of the “Bookends” and the best backline that the Eels have ever had and he was lauded all the time because one of his best mates, colleague and mad Eels fan was none other than Ray “Rabbits” Warren.

Turvey was the best cover defender I’ve seen in the game, Sterlo hardly ever tackled, he was usually the 3rd man in, making out he’s doing his bit but Sterlo could read the game and that’s where his kicking game came into play.

Finally as you stated Turvey was the first NSW captain to win a SOO series. Sterlo couldn’t.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Turvey wasn’t under rated in my eyes he was and always be a club legend. One of the best this club has ever had. He and Terry Lamb are the best backs I’ve ever seen at the club.

As for Turvey playing 2nd fiddle to Sterlo. Far from it from what I saw of the 2 and I’m not being biased. Don’t get me wrong Sterlo was a wonderful player and club legend for the Eels but always thought Brett Kenny was even better, a freak, as he did all the work off Sterlo’s kicking game. Sterlo was slow and had the luxury of the “Bookends” and the best backline that the Eels have ever had and he was lauded all the time because one of his best mates, colleague and mad Eels fan was none other than Ray “Rabbits” Warren.

Turvey was the best cover defender I’ve seen in the game, Sterlo hardly ever tackled, he was usually the 3rd man in, making out he’s doing his bit but Sterlo could read the game and that’s where his kicking game came into play.

Finally as you stated Turvey was the first NSW captain to win a SOO series. Sterlo couldn’t.
Since when is ‘cover defender’ such a quality trait for a halfback?
I keep hearing all this praise for his cover defending.
Feels a little too much like ‘Flanno is a good defender’ or Lachlan Lewis like for me.
Not a trait you associate with a halfback.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Turvey, BaBa Lamb, Robbo and Bobcat as club legends, there are no doubt many more but they’re the ones who come to mind.

Two who probably won’t get a mention but are IMO underrated are the Smith brothers. Jason and Darren. Both outstanding players for us.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feels a little too much like ‘Flanno is a good defender’ or Lachlan Lewis like for me.
Hey, listen I’d like to apologise for my outburst last week, just been going through some personal shit and I was out of line and was triggered by being called a liar but I shouldn’t have reacted in the way I did. I’ve loved the club since they were the ‘berries way back in ‘76. Canterbury were always a competitive team but have been going through their worst period in this last 5 years especially. We can only get better.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I’ll say is it was a vastly different and better game, in some respects, not all, back in the late ‘70’s early ‘80’s. It was more of a sport than a business back then. Turvey was regarded as one of the quickest in the game and could score individual tries with a chip and chase and no one could get near him. Yes the game has become a lot more professional but that was a great time to be a Bulldog fan, they weren’t called the “Entertainers” for no reason.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, listen I’d like to apologise for my outburst last week, just been going through some personal shit and I was out of line and was triggered by being called a liar but I shouldn’t have reacted in the way I did. I’ve loved the club since they were the ‘berries way back in ‘76. Canterbury were always a competitive team but have been going through their worst period in this last 5 years especially. We can only get better.
Hey man thats ok. Friends again. Hope youre doing better? Hard week for me too.

PM if you want to talk.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’re being SARCASTIC!!
At least with the sister comment.
Everyone knows the Morris boys are brothers but not everyone nencesariky knows they are twins.
And I have researched his dad.
He was good but no way better than the sons.
Too small.
Morris boys has speed and size
The Morris "brothers" were always referred as the Morris twins in their playing days. Pretty sure most rugba leeg fans are well aware of their twindom nash, even casual fans

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always look back fondly on the Jarrad McCracken, Brett Dallas, Rod Silver, Craig Pollamounter days. Most that team was underrated to an extent

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were both special talents.
Turvey probably did it over a longer period but Sherwin was lethal in that 2003-2006 era. Then seemed to drop off overnight, which everyone says is due to Anasta giving his wife the gyros kebab.
Also @lovemachine brought up a good point that Turvey would be too small in todays world.
Of course, he can bulk up like everyone else, but would he still have his speed?
But for his era he was special.
They both were.

Turvey would get pumped in todayz game brah.