In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Injuries?
Wasn't injuries. I didnt think he was the lock we needed and im pretty sure we won comp after he left.

He left end of 2003 and we won 2004.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poor Max Mannix still probably get's ribbed by his mates for that mistake, as soon as I read his name first thing I remembered was that dive to end an amazing break by our doggies, at least we still won.
Taking the piss yeah, after reading through the names im seeing, Craig Polla Mounter deserves a massive mention, and he also bought my parents first house i lived in till i was 6 year old at Condell Park. He built another house up the back of the big block and had his parents there also. Polly was class.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Luke Patten - hands down.

Best player ever, who never played rep footy.

Joel Romelo was also under rated, I dont know where he is now.
no Rod Silva and Craig polla mounter were better then Luke patten.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim Pickup
Phil Charlton
Mighty Mitch Newton
John Coveney
Matt Ryan
Lee Pompret
Sandra Campbell
Tas Bateri
Pat English

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch was the worst golfer I have ever seen.
Played in an ambrose with him and Braith in Coffs Harbour (Bonville) in 2004.
The day before the shit hit the fan.
Hutch had about 25 air swing tee shots in the 18 holes.
Lucky he could golf coz he couldn't play footy for shit!

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think this player would be the most under rated. But I think Braidon Burns is a much better player than given credit for. And also I think he would make a good fullback.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis, no one will ever be able to replicate the cut out pass that would break some poor bastards nose in the third row of the Grandstand

Hethrington by a mile.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many great underrated players over the years... Hage, Coveney, Joe Thomas, Tony Currie (was just about the best player in the world when we won in 1988), Gillies, Grimaldi, Hagan (played three grand finals in three different positions), Reardon, Grimaldi. But for me, it was Peter Kelly. He was so tough he made JWH look like Barbie and was the best player on the field in the 1984 and 85 grand finals. Still can't believe he didn't play a test match.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis, no one will ever be able to replicate the cut out pass that would break some poor bastards nose in the third row of the Grandstand

Hethrington by a mile.
I don’t think Hetho was underrated though..? Was a fuckin gun and typified what a Bulldog is.

Relf, Reardon, Polly, Casilles, Matua, Ward, Gary Hughes, Silva and even Greg Eastwood I thought were underrated for the players they were..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many great underrated players over the years... Hage, Coveney, Joe Thomas, Tony Currie (was just about the best player in the world when we won in 1988), Gillies, Grimaldi, Hagan (played three grand finals in three different positions), Reardon, Grimaldi. But for me, it was Peter Kelly. He was so tough he made JWH look like Barbie and was the best player on the field in the 1984 and 85 grand finals. Still can't believe he didn't play a test match.
Good post but no-one under rated Peter Kelly. Top 5 Bulldog prop ever.