In your opinion what needs to be done to improve the situation?

In your opinion what needs to be done to improve the situation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
*Effective training measures: more efficient measures taken at training to ensure our players are getting the basics right...holding the ball for instance.
*Fan/Feedback email: Fans/spectators/sponsors are able to voice their opinion via a video online, on the bulldogs website, or direct email sent to players and coach.
* Change in attack: Move away from the boring and predictable play of style
*Improvement on defense: stop this sliding business we are starting to come up with, and defend strongly whilst putting pressure on the opposition
* improve confidence/interest level: lack of interest eg shoulders down
*more effective involvement from our halves: another key issue in my opinion.
* Have moore laying down the law to the players. do or your out!

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok 11 tips for the bulldogs from a supporter who sat in the pissing down rain to watch crap:
1. Moore should be told tomorrow morning if the team doesn’t make the top 6 (because team 7 and 8 are just in their through luck) he is gone.
2. As must as I think David Stagg is a great defensive player he offers **** all in attack and since we find it difficult to score points he needs to go at least to the bench.
3. Ben Roberts needs to be on the bench, you never know his presence might make Kris Keating play a bit better.
4. Do not let Keating kick every ****ing set, his kicks are ineffective and don’t do **** all.
5. Offer Idris 250K a season max if he doesn’t want that, tell him thank you for your service but **** off, he is not worth 400K a year and never will be his defence is ****, and I mean worst defensive centre in the game type ****.
6. In relation to the Parra game, if anyone stands and watches Hayne instead of tackling him, take him off send them to the showers tell them they are no longer needed at the club.
7. Ryan to retire he is just to old
8. Ennis to offer faster service because on more than 10 occasions he literally pointed to the player about to receive it and was having a chat to him before passing the ball, in the mean time the dragons players were off their line ready to smash him.
9. Paea to start because Armit, Hodgson are past it.
10. Hold the ****ing ball no excuses, if the dragons can hold the ball, why can’t we they are all professional footballers, they should be at least able to get through a set of 6 without losing the ball every 2nd tackle
11. Don’t slide, its ineffective and stupid especially when they slide along their try line and all the attack player has to do to score is fall over the line, Rush the **** up ever tackle ever set all game.

just a final comment in advance for all those tools that want to say I have no idea what I’m talking about f**k u and trust me these tips need to take place if not we will not be making the 8 this year.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
*Effective training measures: more efficient measures taken at training to ensure our players are getting the basics right...holding the ball for instance.
*Fan/Feedback email: Fans/spectators/sponsors are able to voice their opinion via a video online, on the bulldogs website, or direct email sent to players and coach.
* Change in attack: Move away from the boring and predictable play of style
*Improvement on defense: stop this sliding business we are starting to come up with, and defend strongly whilst putting pressure on the opposition
* improve confidence/interest level: lack of interest eg shoulders down
*more effective involvement from our halves: another key issue in my opinion.
* Have moore laying down the law to the players. do or your out!
This is like being back at school !

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok 11 tips for the bulldogs from a supporter who sat in the pissing down rain to watch crap:
1. Moore should be told tomorrow morning if the team doesn’t make the top 6 (because team 7 and 8 are just in their through luck) he is gone.
2. As must as I think David Stagg is a great defensive player he offers **** all in attack and since we find it difficult to score points he needs to go at least to the bench.
3. Ben Roberts needs to be on the bench, you never know his presence might make Kris Keating play a bit better.
4. Do not let Keating kick every ****ing set, his kicks are ineffective and don’t do **** all.
5. Offer Idris 250K a season max if he doesn’t want that, tell him thank you for your service but **** off, he is not worth 400K a year and never will be his defence is ****, and I mean worst defensive centre in the game type ****.
6. In relation to the Parra game, if anyone stands and watches Hayne instead of tackling him, take him off send them to the showers tell them they are no longer needed at the club.
7. Ryan to retire he is just to old
8. Ennis to offer faster service because on more than 10 occasions he literally pointed to the player about to receive it and was having a chat to him before passing the ball, in the mean time the dragons players were off their line ready to smash him.
9. Paea to start because Armit, Hodgson are past it.
10. Hold the ****ing ball no excuses, if the dragons can hold the ball, why can’t we they are all professional footballers, they should be at least able to get through a set of 6 without losing the ball every 2nd tackle
11. Don’t slide, its ineffective and stupid especially when they slide along their try line and all the attack player has to do to score is fall over the line, Rush the **** up ever tackle ever set all game.

just a final comment in advance for all those tools that want to say I have no idea what I’m talking about f**k u and trust me these tips need to take place if not we will not be making the 8 this year.
Man, HotDiggity - you don't mince your words - I partially agree but unfortunately dream on.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Moore needs to start hammering some discipline into the players
2.Drop Keating he isn't a 5/8ths arsehole
3.Put Roberts there and if he doesn't shine drop him as well put Sezer there extreme I know but Keating is NOT the answer he is another Mortimeir he is dead average and sometimes plain ****
4.Paea to start the match get us on a roll because we aren't a team to play catch ups anymore
5.Ennis needs a kick up the arse
6.COMPLETE OUR BLOODY SETS 22 FROM 36 IS A JOKE!#@!#@!$!$%!% Moore should be furious at them for that kind of completion
7. Make metres we aren't making enough metres from our forwards and dummy half

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our pack has showed about as much strength as a soggy sao in the last two weeks. ****ing pitiful.

If Kevin Moore doesn't play Eastwood at prop when he's fit I'm handing in my membership. I'm sick to death of seeing Chris Armit making negative meters every ****ing hit up, it's embarrassing watching him being driven backwards like a tackling bag. Mickey Paea needs to stand the **** up as well, where is the aggression he showed last year before his injury? I'm not saying he's been horrible but he's capable of sooooo much more. Today's performance was a joke. I like Michael Hodgeson and am grateful for the season he produced in 2009, but for ****s sake, if he's the best we can do we're in a lot of trouble.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
lol fan feedback/email..are you **** serious? The main thing that beat us was all the dropped ball (namely Ryan) who I think has proven beyond a doubt that he has had a good career,thanks for the memories etc.

If Keating gets the ball to one of those players (granted is was a huge mistake) we are right in the game despite ourselves and we praise Keating for yet again backing up and supplying us with an opportunity to score.

I'm not saying that apart from these things we don't have any problems cause we do but it's round 5 muppets so give the season a chance to unfold a bit.

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis to run from dummy half more (especially if we get a quick play the ball) We are more of a threat when this happens.
Support players to run with the ball carrier (How many times do one of the players look to offload and no one is there in support??)
Stop kicking on 3rd and 4th tackles. Hit it up and get another 10m or more then kick. We lose field position for no reason when this occurs, especially if the kick is taken on the full. Allows the opposition easy meters.
Forwards need to hit the ball up like they are being chased by a pack of hungry lions, not like grandmothers walking to a bingo session! Hannant, Leroyd Lahrs, Style. Paea and Tolman are the only ones rolling up there sleeves all the time.
Hold onto the frickin ball!!!
Idris shouldnt get the ball unless he is on the burst! Hw is too slow off the mark.
Stop playing one pass out hit up all the time!
Time for Roberts to get a run, he is a player that can produce something from nothing.

Spaz

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets fix one thing at a time, we are not trying to reinvent the wheel. The first thing we need to work on is defense, pure and simple. You look at any of the top teams from any era and their defense will always get them through. I noticed that when the saints attacked our line, our winger was marker their centre ( no matter which side of the field). An instant overlap is created, combine that with a slide defense on your own line spells disaster. When we went on the attack (from close range) I noticed that their winger marked our winger, centre on centre etc, they all moved up and created pressure, pressure creates mistakes. It's no good having a solid middle defense if your outside men don't/won't mark up one one on one and apply pressure.

The rest of the issues can be sorted out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.