IN THE DOG HOUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It appears a coaching change at the Bulldogs has saved the career of Michael Lichaa.

After being farewelled by the club during their final home game of the season, Canterbury are now in the process of extending his deal.

Prior to Dean Pay replacing Des Hasler, the club was looking at a 12 month extension but now Market Watch can reveal they are deep in discussions to sign a two-year-deal.

The No.9 showed in the final games of the season that he can play a creative role when give the freedom to run.

THE B-MOZ RUMOUR

A lot has been written and said about Brett Morris’ future.

Here’s what we know …

• He’s been given permission to explore his options.

• He’s on a lucrative contract next season.

• He received interest from Cronulla and South Sydney last month.

• The interest from those clubs has not resulted in an offer.

• At this stage he will remain at Belmore next season and within his rights to stay.

“He has a contract with the Bulldogs,” Morris’ manager, David Riolo, told Market Watch. “He has no offer on the table from any other club.”

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news on both accounts in my opinion. We need a hooker, and it looks like lichaa may finally be able to showcase his running game. The jury is still out, but if he can pick up where he left off next year then it will be a good re-signing.
As fo Bmoz, im happy for him to see out his contract. We can hopefully get him some good clean ball and have him wreak havoc. He still has the goods, he has just sloed down a little. Im expecting both Morris boys to have better years next year. Im hoping the whole team does.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good news on both accounts in my opinion. We need a hooker, and it looks like lichaa may finally be able to showcase his running game. The jury is still out, but if he can pick up where he left off next year then it will be a good re-signing.
As fo Bmoz, im happy for him to see out his contract. We can hopefully get him some good clean ball and have him wreak havoc. He still has the goods, he has just sloed down a little. Im expecting both Morris boys to have better years next year. Im hoping the whole team does.
I don't think we can go all the way without both of them in the backline to be honest. The Foran, Elliot, RFM, Jmoz, Bmoz edge will be a deadly left edge for us next yr.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DOG EYES EXIT

Bulldogs fullback Brad Abbey is on the verge of leaving the kennel.

The next in a long list of departures from the club, the 20-year-old has been talked about by several clubs but Canberra are ready to pounce on the Kiwi product.

Bradley Abbey celebrates scoring the game winning try.Source: News Corp Australia
Having been granted permission to leave the club in a bid to free up some cash for next season, Abbey will first meet with new coach Dean Pay before making a decision on his future.

Having made his first grade debut this year, the Junior Kiwi has made four NRL appearances.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lichaa deal had to be a 2 year deal so they can actually pay him something in that second year.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DOG EYES EXIT

Bulldogs fullback Brad Abbey is on the verge of leaving the kennel.

The next in a long list of departures from the club, the 20-year-old has been talked about by several clubs but Canberra are ready to pounce on the Kiwi product.

Bradley Abbey celebrates scoring the game winning try.Source: News Corp Australia
Having been granted permission to leave the club in a bid to free up some cash for next season, Abbey will first meet with new coach Dean Pay before making a decision on his future.

Having made his first grade debut this year, the Junior Kiwi has made four NRL appearances.

This means Mbye will be fullback :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have rocks in our heads if we release Brett, rumors spewmers..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He added a another dimension to our attack. Its just common sense really, why limit our attacking options to the 1,6,7 and Graham when we can expand and have 1,6,7, lichaa and graham. Fuck I hate Des.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This means Mbye will be fullback :grinning:
Agree, I believe the only thing stopping Pay from putting Mbye at No. 1 would be if Mbye told him he couldn't play at the back... But as far as I know he played heaps of FB at Noosa Pirates.....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant believe we have been paying abbey a reported 300k per season and he only managed 4 games for us. Either he wasnt used properly by des, which is typical, or we paid massive overs for a dud. Again typical des. So glad his tenure at the club is over.

I fully expect Dean Pay to get rid of a few players and try and put a bit of his own team in place. Perhaps he can see a rugged toughness in Clay Priest that we may need. Perhaps some mongrel too. I cant say that i have ever noticed him or paid any attention. He hardly makes the headlines in canberras team lineup.
As for Hymel Hunt, same thing. Cant ever recall noticing him in a game. Perhaps Pay coached him in NSW under 20s? But if Pay decides to bring these guys in and let some go, i will support his decision.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going by the 37 seconds I have seen, he plays like Deano did.
May be that's why he likes him !

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay poaches Panther for coaching staff

The Bulldogs are mainly recruiting former club greats to form new coach Dean Pay’s staff but one exception will be Mounties coach Steve Antonelli.

A Panthers junior who played a handful of games for Penrith in the 1980s, Antonelli is a great choice.

He is highly regarded in the NSW Cup, where he has done great things with Mounties, and has the experience and people skills to help Pay through what is certain to be a difficult transition.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay poaches Panther for coaching staff

The Bulldogs are mainly recruiting former club greats to form new coach Dean Pay’s staff but one exception will be Mounties coach Steve Antonelli.

A Panthers junior who played a handful of games for Penrith in the 1980s, Antonelli is a great choice.

He is highly regarded in the NSW Cup, where he has done great things with Mounties, and has the experience and people skills to help Pay through what is certain to be a difficult transition.
So from Manly to Canberra?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I seriously doubt josh Morris has it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.