Opinion Important day in our history

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Today's game will decide whether we wrap up the spoon or not. I hope we can pull off a win today, nobody remembers if you finish 15th but they will definitely remember the team that gets the spoon. I'm hoping the boys turn up today and play like it's their GF. Brisbane fans will surely be rooting for the Titans......

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting the spoon is never good, however since round 3 I knew we were going to be competing for it..... The team's a mess. Have a go at the backline. Absolutely pathetic. Whoever is in charge of looking after the $10mil from now better be Jewish. We've been pissing money to end up with Monty, Holland, Crighton, Meaney, Britt,Tolman, Napa, lewis, coggar, JMK, Katoa, Sue
Jacko getting 700k a season is highway robbery. Don't get me started on Forans 1mil.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting the spoon is never good, however since round 3 I knew we were going to be competing for it..... The team's a mess. Have a go at the backline. Absolutely pathetic. Whoever is in charge of looking after the $10mil from now better be Jewish. We've been pissing money to end up with Monty, Holland, Crighton, Meaney, Britt,Tolman, Napa, lewis, coggar, JMK, Katoa, Sue
Jacko getting 700k a season is highway robbery. Don't get me started on Forans 1mil.
Yep I said the other day that as a club we deserve it. We have comfortably had the worst roster in the comp the past 2 years so there was a decent chance we were gunna end up with the spoon sooner or later.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We could have avoided it weeks ago with wins against St George and the tigers. Up until the last round there's no guarantee of anything, even if we win today. Personally I've given up caring anymore.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sunny Saturday is here, put the politics behind you, after a tough outing last week the boys should be able to get the basics right and put in a clinical effort to get the job done.
Holland showed what a bit of individual brilliance can do, there are some points in the Dogs just hope we can scramble for the 80 and defend them.
Confidence is the key, we know what we gotta do.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be more accurate, Jacko is on $850k Thompson $900k, Tyran Smith management has Hopoate $650-&700k,R Smith $450k, DWZ $650k. The playing list is overvalued,
The current administration can’t blame Dib/Hasler for these contracts

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was luck we also didn't get it last year also.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be more accurate, Jacko is on $850k Thompson $900k, Tyran Smith management has Hopoate $650-&700k,R Smith $450k, DWZ $650k. The playing list is overvalued,
You seem pretty sure about your facts, I can't blame the current or previous Admin for paying that sort of money to those players (if your figures are correct of course). Are you sure that we would have gotten those players if they were offered less money, or better players for the same money.
The rot started when we lost SBW, Mason, etc, etc, funny how they all finished up at the Rotters. That's when our club was badly weakened and the enemy saw the opportunity to move in for the kill.
I believe that both Boards past and present have done their very best to sign players for their true value. Its a pity that many fans and supporters, and I believe some of our officials refuse to accept or understand where the problem lies.
BTW I agree that the none of those players are worth the money you say their been paid.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson ain’t no where near in 900k, not even close
Everything I’ve read where those other numbers are close was 650- 700
End of the day none of us no but we have a resinable idea
And that Thompson number way out
And smiths way off too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We had so many chances and missed opportunities to get off the bottom but they buckled.

Now or never. We have no to fuck all chance of beating Manly, Souths and Penrith.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And smiths way off too
As if Smith would be on $450 000. Is this guy for real!!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if Smith would be on $450 000. Is this guy for real!!
That’s right pelican!
Astute signings, that’s how the club got DWZ. Tyran Smith is still laughing

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And smiths way off too
Thompson is on $800k at the very least.
Jackson is on $850k
Hopoate $700k
DWZ $650k
The biggest embarrassment is R Smith $450k - the Dogs are trying to move him to the Storm as part of a swap deal.
Don’t believe the media bullshit;these are the figures.