Importance of a hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa wasn't bad first week back (a week early I thought), 2 runs for 16 meters, 46 tackles with just 1 missed tackle........ the guy is putting in on defence, he was up there with tackles from all #9 this round, like most rounds before it, but lightening that load and sparing more for attack might not be terrible. If not that, reduce his dummy half work with the halves a bit.

I'd rather see a lock tackle their ass off than a hooker, we're not really getting that right now, it could be a nice adjustment (RFM is now official and could be a handy lock sub off the bench as well as 2nd row..... not to say over and over what I'm hoping we are doing with the guy who's been a Bulldog for 1 second lol)

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bankstown had a lot of good hookers what happened to them lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think lichaa will be better in Melbourne watch how different the team will be .
You're probably right mate, we seem to be performing better against sides that are expected to trouble us and we have severely underperformed against others..
If we do come out all guns blazing, what is it that changes a teams mindset of goal from week to week? I thought it was the coaches job yo keep these guys focused on winning games.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
really, so he is now going to run, make line break, and kick? he has never done that before.
he is massively over rated, obviously hasler doesn't place a huge importance on the hooker role
You described Ennis when he was with us. I wonder what the common denominator is?

PS you're the one that said Garvey is better than Lichaa right?

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You're probably right mate, we seem to be performing better against sides that are expected to trouble us and we have severely underperformed against others..
If we do come out all guns blazing, what is it that changes a teams mindset of goal from week to week? I thought it was the coaches job yo keep these guys focused on winning games.
For some reason you can tell if the dogs are fired up and want to win in the first minute ,
if they make meters at will you know it's going to be a good game if they struggle to make meters then you have that feeling it's not our game

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
really, so he is now going to run, make line break, and kick? he has never done that before.
he is massively over rated, obviously hasler doesn't place a huge importance on the hooker role

shhhhh, dont upset the kennel mate

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The boys on Talkin' Sport hit the nail on the head today...

They said that Ennis AND Lichaa WERE running, attacking hookers, but when they have to complete 50-60 tackles per game stops them running.

They pick up the slack for the lazier players, they specifically mentioned Dorothy and Kasiano.

Some morons on here calling Lichaa rubbish and want him gone have no idea and will probably cry a river when Lichaa leaves and kills it at another club, Al la Ennis.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They also said we will never see the full attacking flair of JJ as he picks up the slack too.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah mate against Manly his service was great , still hated his running game and he can't kick....Hodgson last night showed how good a running/ kicking hooker is.
To be fair, Hodgson is an England representative, having played six games and scoring two tries for his country; 132 games for Hull KR scoring 33 tries. He is four years older, hence more experienced and his coach allows him to run. Lichaa total of 38 first grade games and one game for city. His coach won't let him run.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
To be fair, Hodgson is an England representative, having played six games and scoring two tries for his country; 132 games for Hull KR scoring 33 tries. He is four years older, hence more experienced and his coach allows him to run. Lichaa total of 38 first grade games and one game for city. His coach won't let him run.
This is what I don't get why cant you let your hooker play what he sees .
I think the reason he let cook go is because he played what he saw,
Then put lichaa a week early cause Garvey started to play what he saw.
I have never seen lichaa kick once and Garvey has kicked 3 times.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is what I don't get why cant you let your hooker play what he sees .
I think the reason he let cook go is because he played what he saw,
Then put lichaa a week early cause Garvey started to play what he saw.
I have never seen lichaa kick once and Garvey has kicked 3 times.
Cook ran and kicked thats why Des got rid of him.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The boys on Talkin' Sport hit the nail on the head today...

They said that Ennis AND Lichaa WERE running, attacking hookers, but when they have to complete 50-60 tackles per game stops them running.

They pick up the slack for the lazier players, they specifically mentioned Dorothy and Kasiano.

Some morons on here calling Lichaa rubbish and want him gone have no idea and will probably cry a river when Lichaa leaves and kills it at another club, Al la Ennis.
Thats why we need a David stagg type player at lock, just to tackle all game

Status
Not open for further replies.