I'm back to my best: Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Look - I know we shouldn't blame one player, but Pearce is just horrible. He and Ennis were terrible. We gave away WAY TOO MANY penalties that gave Maroons the ball in key positions. All of their first half tries were on the back of penalties.

Can't blame Hodko at all for those stats. He probably made more meters than most of our forwards lol.

Gp wannabe

Waterboy
Reaction score
So Corey Thompson has a shocker and it's everyone else's fault , Trent doesn't set up 5 tries or run the ball much and he's shit! The team didn't make 800m with the ball ffs what's he meant to do?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Laurie Daley is a sh!t coach ... He couldn't organize a root in a brothel.. the only 2 things that are worse than he's coaching skills are, selecting and commentary...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson doesn't deserve to cop the flack for NSW failing miserably.

Much like how a lot of people overhyped his solid performance in Game 2 people shouldn't be so quick to destroy him for Game 3. NSW lost by 46 points and let 52 points past, the whole team along with some blame to the refs is what caused it. No halfback would be able to do anything behind NSW's pack last night, they did absolutely nothing

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
*AHEM* bump!!!

Trent, this is why you don't talk too soon.

ORIGIN 3 STATS
2 runs for 14m
17 tackles with 2 missed
2 kicks for 21m

:roflol:

Hope he is "rested" this week, as it shows he's a one game wonder so far this year.
Yes I'm sure he is "back to his best" lol what sh1t stats.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nsw forwards were totally dominated and by no means can i blame hokko but ffs he offers nothing as a halfback just catch and pass

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I saw was Ennis distributing the ball to Woodsy, Trent needs to get involved, create confusion on whats about to happen.

N

Natboy

His defence was strong at times but he was missing in attack.
Maybe the refs could get the blame if the game was closer but I agreed with most of the penalties.
I want to see "hardman" beau Scott try a cheap shot on one of our forwards when we play the nights but he is more likely to bully someone Corey thompson's size

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson doesn't deserve to cop the flack for NSW failing miserably.

Much like how a lot of people overhyped his solid performance in Game 2 people shouldn't be so quick to destroy him for Game 3. NSW lost by 46 points and let 52 points past, the whole team along with some blame to the refs is what caused it. No halfback would be able to do anything behind NSW's pack last night, they did absolutely nothing
You're right. He's not alone but I think changes are required. I'd be replacing either both halves or just Trent, Hopoate for ferguson and Hoffman for another good edge runner. You just can't continue doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Qld went up a gear with Cronk back and inclusion of papali so we should be doing the same.

Oh well as I keep saying there's always next year

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not criticising his input for NSW Origin, but he's talked up that he was back to his best.

One match doesn't mean he's back to his best, and I'd much rather we concentrate on the future halves combination than the current.

He wasn't re-signed and was offered bugger all, because our coach and training staff are sick of his average form.

Declaring being "back to your best", after one decent game is just rubbish.... and Origin game 3 showed that (partially).

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hodko was shit but **** me dead if Mitchell peirce gets a run in any rep team ever again i think thatll do me for rugby league l he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as sterlo (played more origin games)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Strategy for NSW winning Origin in future:

1. 1 week before sides are picked, get Mitchell Pearce in a bar, and import Bruce Jenner. Dress him up in a yellow dress, and pile Mitchell Pearce with alcohol. Let nature take it's course.
2. 1 week before sides are picked, send Will Hopoate on another mormon mission.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're right. He's not alone but I think changes are required. I'd be replacing either both halves or just Trent, Hopoate for ferguson and Hoffman for another good edge runner. You just can't continue doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Qld went up a gear with Cronk back and inclusion of papali so we should be doing the same.

Oh well as I keep saying there's always next year
I agree. But then again i don't support NSW or QLD i just enjoy watching Origin for what it is and hope every year that there is going to be biff. Hodkinson isn't the best halfback but i don't see where NSW have decent halves

Status
Not open for further replies.