If you were the coach what would you do?

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
What are changes you would make?

for me it’s this.

Recruitment:
Would sell off Allen on the cheap to the eels and use the cash to buy a halfback. I’d commence hard talks with George Williams.
Offer RFM Doorey min wage or a goodbye and Stimson 200 or a goodbye.
Wakeham not resigned.
Re-sign Dufty and Vaughan on a good cap friendly wage.
would psychologically mess with Flanagan until his mental health breaks and he goes from the club on his own accord so we save his money. So we do r need to offload thommo or anyone. Undecided on Jackson.

gameplay:

Be a bit more unpredictable. Flick passes, runarounds. Chip and chase, 40/20s.
I’d instruct them to dummy more because wen you throw a dummy, you’re essentially tricking the opposition.
I’d also straighten up the attack and encourage offloads. We go side to side too much and basically run out of room.
Our support play must improve. Duffy seems like he would be a fantastic back up and even someone liks Thompson has good footwork and speed and being under-utilised. Hell, even Stimson has a history of footwork.

line up:
I’d move Burton back to centre’s where he belongs, Naden to the wing and Thompson to the back row.

I’d go with a 2023 lineup like this:
1. Dufty
2. Naiden
3. Burton
4. Schoupp/Burns
5. JAC
6. Averillo
7. George Williams
8. Pangai
9. Mahoney
10. Vaughan
11. Kikau
12. Sutton
13. Thompson
-
14. JMK/BBO
15 max king
16 Stimson/Jackson
17. Ava S

I’d also hire sick talent around Me.
Seibold, Shane Flanagan, Dean Pay, even Brian Smith if he is still up to it.
Flawed yet brilliant coaches of the past.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
318A93AA-BC75-41EE-8A22-9713A928F902.jpegI will seriously do this if i recieve another thread of the same topic 10 fucking times an hour. Imagine the game after we get bamboozled by the panthers.