• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you sign Foran for next year, a player who is physically and mentally broken with bipolar, a player who tore the Parra team to shreds, as well as a player who has not played one full season since 2011 and blow your cap for the next few years?

Or would you hold off until next year and make a play for the multiple young, aspiring off contracted players and strengthen the overall squad with a number of players?

Do not hold back....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
From a cap perspective it would make more sense to wait until next year because Reynolds and Lichaa are both off contract.

Signing Foran is a massive gamble, who knows what is ahead of him including his mental and physical state and match fixing allegations. If fit and able to stay on the field it would probably mean something to look forward to in 2017.

But there are also other positions that need to be fixed during 17/18 like fullback and with the Morris boys turning 31/32 we will need to look to the future. Hoppa will also be off contract so hopefully he isn't re-signed if he wants his Sundays off.

I would like the club to look to players with potential like the winger that played for North Qld yesterday rather than other clubs rejects and rehab projects.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year we have Lichaa, Hoppa, Reynolds & Tolman off contract.

2018 will be the last year for Josh Morris, Brett Morris & James Graham.

Basically all we have left is Jackson, Klemmer, Mbye & RFM. Josh Reynolds will be 29.

Signing Foran is a death sentence, especially with the players off contract next year.

We do not have any promising backs or forwards (maybe Strickland only) in the lower grades.

I hope the Dogs play it smart and go shopping next year

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Basically all we have left is Jackson, Klemmer, Mbye & RFM. Josh Reynolds will be 29.

Signing Foran is a death sentence, especially with the players off contract next year.

We do not have any promising backs or forwards (maybe Strickland only) in the lower grades.

Why is it a death sentence signing one of the best halves in the game??
We can build a team around him Mbye, Jackson, Klemmer

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sign Foran, release Tolman, hoppa, Reynolds, Lichaa.
Sign Holmes or Kalyn Ponga, release Morris boys, Graham

Fresh start

Malla

Reaction score
Sign Foran - have one more run at a premiership with the current squad as I still believe with a half back we are up there as a top 4 team adn a premiership contender. Then you've gotta start rebuilding and I would prefer we invest the money and time into juniors at our club or bring in a young and talented core as opposed to signing someone like Valentine Homes or Taylor who's asking price would be a lot higher than what you would expect.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Exactly. We have close to 3 million coming off contract in the next 2 years. If we can't build a team with that (and around Jackson and Klemmer) then we are a no hope club.

Graham will probably be finishing up by then. So we should be looking at a decent no frills front rower who runs and tackles hard. Then fix our spine (I would like to see if mbye can cut it as a back) bring in a half, bring through some of our pups (Kerr and keighran should be ready by then). We should have no reason why we couldn't target someone like Holmes, pinga, trobojovichiovic, Mitchell etc. and you will have a good young roster (most players would be around 25) and that way your premiership window will be 5 years.

You would think this will be the direction of our club.

But if anything we have seen recently is to go but we will keep Tolman on an upgrade, re-sign hoppa and pick up a few more 26 year olds that have never played first grade to cover any players we lost.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran and holmes would deliver us a premiership, x factor at fb and a great all round half.
Both can be realistic signings, we know foran is close to possibly signing with us and we all know val holmes wants to play fullback and right now he wont crack it at sharks with barba there.
These 2 are exactly what this team is missing to go to another level

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Our recruitment has got yo the point where we need yo take what we can get when we can get it. No point waiting until next year and ending up with nothing. Foran is a gamble but I'm sure we'd be able to move him on if it didn't work out.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would get rid of the dead wood first

Elliot
Lichaa
Tolman
Williams (who is leaving anyway)
Holland

Promote LLoyd Perrett and give him proper minutes, not this 10-15min BS and expect him to create Miracles, get some youngsters to build for the future

Move Reynolds to Hooker, make a play for Kane Elegy , bring back Damian Cook, i dont want Foran but he would do, Lolohea for 5/8th and make Mbye a Fullback in the same role as Coote

And seeing as we are stuck with Hasler for 1 more year, pray he changes his coaching style to move ahead with the times and let our attacking skills flow....

We would then have Speed, creativity, the go forward, and i think we could seriously challenge for premiership

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in 2012 I was talking to a friend who was a board member then, he said ((( Sitting in the dressing room after the last regular game of the season, as we have just achieved minor premiership honors in all grades, I said to Des what are we going to do to improve on this next year ? ))). I say now that was a great moment but unfortunately we didn't capitalize on our strength, We haven't won a grand final since 2004 and our strength have declined in all grades, the X FACTOR players we were renowned to produce have drained out... Where did we go wrong ? All respect to Hasler, why isn't fixed ? It's important to work with people you are comfortable with, BUT HAS IT BECOME A JOB ONLY FOR HIM AND HIS MATES , has the HIGHLY PAID Hasler group become too comfortable at Belmore ???? we have to solve this problem before we sign anyone,
ALL I COULD SAY TO MY FIEND ......... THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With so many players over 30 coming off contract in the next 2 seasons we should be able to do a clean out similar to 2009 and get some new guys in and restructure our squad to have a stronger spine (not have 2 million in our front Row).

Euan Aitken
Jed Cartwright
Clint gutherson (can't believe we didn't get him this year when we had the chance)
Holmes
Tedesco
Jack bird
Luke brooks
Hastings
Milford
Mitchell Pearce
Adam Reynolds
Ash Taylor
Te Marie Martin
Sezer (again should have got him this season)
Koroisau
Pritchard Jnr
Alvaro
Finucane
Aaron woods
Alex Glenn
Tohu Harris
Moeroa
Gagai
Alex Johnson
Vunivalu
Watene-zelezniak
Blake Austin
Vave
Peachy
Frizell
Peats

Ok a lot of these players will most likely stay loyal to their team. But if we don't at least think about recruiting in the next 2 seasons and we retain our players (graham and Tolman are the most expensive front row yet make no impact in games).

There are so many options available. If we can't improve our team in the next 2 years then not only should Hasler be gone, but so should the CEO and the rest of the board.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign Foran, release Tolman, hoppa, Reynolds, Lichaa.
Sign Holmes or Kalyn Ponga, release Morris boys, Graham

Fresh start
Just sign Thurston and tell him to bring his mates Smith Slater & Cronk with him

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give Foran a 1 year deal with a 1 year extension choice by the club.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran on a 1+2 on about 750/season would only be a risk for next year.

If he gets back to his best, great he's worth every cent of that. If not, cya champ, and take Des with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.