Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snake Jailbird

lose 16-14 to them wait thats no good thats what brisbane did last year

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
i wouldn't be getting so cocky champ... we beat them earlier in the year due to them playing haynesy out of position + getting use to Anderson's style of footy.. the more convincing form is our last meeting with them where we were comprehensively outplayed. as for that 37-0 loss to st george... I think everyone agrees that was a brief come down from a 7 game winning streak, not to mention st george coming off a 3 game losing streak. something had to give. They turned that loss around in emphatic fashion on sunday.

Saying that, i think we are an excellent chance of beating them. They have been playing sudden death footy for the last two months and that has to take its toll on them mentally and physically (although there are no indications of this as yet). I think they could run out of gas by the time they play us (and they will play us cos they will absolutely towel the titans right up imo). We'll be fresh, we know how to grind out a win and hopefully that will be the difference. But on pure form and man-on-man match-ups... they look stronger right now... which is why they are ahead of us in betting.
How are they better man on man just? Their fullback, player of the year, we have Patten, doesn't get the wraps but he is as quality a fullback as Hayne. Wings, Grothe and Goodwin, Goodwin gets the dough here. Other wingers are the two oldies, both about equal these days. Centres are good either side, Oww but whats that, Idris and Morris are surely more than up to them. And Mortimer has been great, but they have Robson, who sorry is not anywhere near a Kimmorely, even Roberts can be dangerous. I like Parras forward pack, they are the platform for the resurgence. The Dogs pack will be the team to get in a hustle with these Eels. Stagg will tighten the forwards up and less points will be leaked this time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.