If Baz goes 1 and 7?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was happy with the way things were shaping up until after the Broncos game and he’s lost me with changing things up. We improved from round 1 to 2 but we took a massive step back against Manly. The attack won’t come if he doesn’t give the spine time to settle.

There’s no way the team performed that badly in the first two games that a change was needed in the halves. We are back to square one coming into a difficult stretch of games were we can’t really afford to be experimenting.
agree 100% with all of that.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz needs to go we've needed a half back for the last 10 years but keep buying forwards don't understand just another bad year my thoughts probably 13th maybe 11th or 12th

garbo60

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ll be very surprised if Tbaz lasts the season.

Making a change to his halves so early in the season shows he hasn’t learnt anything from previous years.
Everyone wanted Ava out now that he dropped you are all bagging him

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The performances have show good improvement so far, playing the top four from last year and only two home games in the first 7 was always gonna be an primary start record wise

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is bagging out Barrett because he changed out his halves combination after only two weeks. The real issue though is should be have put Averillo in 7 in the first place. I am not Trent Barrett, but if I was I would have thrown Flanagan in to partner Burton from day 1 and told him " you have 12 weeks to make this position yours after that there is no return". Averillo didn't look like he was cut out for 7 and everyone put sh!t on him, Baz changed him out and after 1 game, now most are hanging sh!t on Wakeham.... WTF just chill out and see how the season pans out... chopping and changing achieves nothing but disruption.
I think sadly Flanagan won’t get too many chances as Baz doesn’t want to hang his career on Flanagans past performances. Remember Baz always backed him in press conferences. But that changed after continual losses. But you can’t hang all the blame on Flanagan. I agree we should give him another chance, though if he blows it this time, no one will want him when his contract with the doggies is finished. Hopefully he comes back and shows everyone they were wrong to doubt he can come back in a big way. I would be happy to have egg on my face, as I’ve been one of his doubters. Confidence is what I think he lacks, if he can back himself, I think he will improve quickly and maybe a bit more time in the gym to build his upper body. It would be awesome if he worked out.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering we’ve improved from last season it’s a pass mark. We have a tough draw. Expect us to have a big 2nd half of the season.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1-7,7-1 … loss loss!! start of the year we wanted 3-2 lol. Guess that’s been shot to bits. Don’t see where our attack points will come from to win many games again this year. Looks very much like last year and prior. All it is is number crunching . Be lovely to see some results instead of grind loss.!!!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is bagging out Barrett because he changed out his halves combination after only two weeks. The real issue though is should be have put Averillo in 7 in the first place. I am not Trent Barrett, but if I was I would have thrown Flanagan in to partner Burton from day 1 and told him " you have 12 weeks to make this position yours after that there is no return". Averillo didn't look like he was cut out for 7 and everyone put sh!t on him, Baz changed him out and after 1 game, now most are hanging sh!t on Wakeham.... WTF just chill out and see how the season pans out... chopping and changing achieves nothing but disruption.
I agree. Flanagan should’ve been first to get a crack. He’s on the most money. He’s a natural half who’s played his entire life there. You obviously bought him here for a reason. Let the kid show you if he can play NRL. If not for him
Then for the club to at least get a good price for him. He can goal kick too. Something we needed on Sunday and against Brisbane.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo got Baz's coach award last year and was his man all off season... it's very worrying he's changed after 2 rounds and it shows he doesn't know what he's doing in that regards.
All it shows is that Avalliro is not giving Barrett what he wants from a 7. Simple.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only 7 at the club with a genuine shot of developing into our halfback is BBO. He chose Avo and trained with him there all off season and should have stuck solid behind him.

Instead the weak prick panicked and swapped him for a bloke that never plays 80 mins of footy and is better as a 14. Just imagine the confidence that installs in all players that he punted Avo that way.

He doesn’t have their backs, he is too worried about saving his own ass..
Or just simply trying a new approach. You are over thinking it.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be very surprised if Tbaz lasts the season.

Making a change to his halves so early in the season shows he hasn’t learnt anything from previous years.
Shows me that he has learnt that averillo is shit and shouldn’t be in the team. Think it’s the best coaching he has done since he arrived

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shows me that he has learnt that averillo is shit and shouldn’t be in the team. Think it’s the best coaching he has done since he arrived
Yeah it worked wonders didn’t it. We looked great against Manly….

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think I heard that Gus wants the team to be fighting for top eight position. He said it was okay if bulldogs missed out but they had to be in contention. So baz needs to get a certain amount of wins. Game on.