Opinion If Barrett is fired who replaces him in the short and long term?

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's either Flanagan or another young coach, e.g. Ciraldo. Baz is still fine for now. Madge is a hard no. He's one of the least attractive coaches to play for in the NRL.
I don't want that CHEAT anywhere near our club, thank you!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we just see how things play out with the team we've put together before discussing who the next coach will be. Ideally things will fall into place and we'll somehow defy the critics who think our halves aren't good enough, our defence will let us down etc and we'll go deep into the finals. This isn't my expectation, I keep those low, but a man can hope.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be the guy known as the coach that pulled us out of a bog, albeit with help from his friends.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbaz will slot in at halfback then trust Gus to make the big decision.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As others have pointed out, there’s only one on the radar. Gus will reach for who he knows - Ciraldo.

In fact I reckon he’s already been given the quiet tip to bide his time, hence why The Tigers speculation was squashed by himself or his camp pretty quickly.

Doesn’t mean Gus has given up on Baz and I think he’ll give him every chance, but he’s also thinking a year or two ahead because he does.

Bulldogs coach ‘23 will be either Barrett or Ciraldo.

Which depends on Baz, and I think we’ll know about post Origin or so season ‘22.

Gus will be expecting top 8 or a near miss. A season fiddling around bottom 8 or worse with the squad he’s given Baz won’t please Gus.