Status
Not open for further replies.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
Idris proves he's a real entertainer

* By Nick Walshaw
* May 01, 2010 12:00AM

JAMAL Idris waggled his finger. Offered a few choice words. Even looked to grab a high five from his fallen rival.

"But the best part was when he whispered in my ear as we were coming off at fulltime," Parramatta centre Timana Tahu grins. "When he put his arm around me and said, 'Hey T, we really entertained them out there, eh'."

And just like that NRL fans everywhere rise to their feet in anticipation. Ecstatic that while Wendell Sailor may be gone and Adam MacDougall on the cusp of following him out the door, rugby league still has colourful characters who realise the value of individual rivalries.

It's why Canterbury's dreadlocked wonderboy went so hard against his opposite last night

Because sure Tahu knows the Idris clan well. Has the big Bulldog's number in his mobile. Even visits his family home on occasions.

"But as my mum always used to say to me, there's no friends on the field," Idris grins. "Like when I used to play against my cousins up in Forster, I always wanted to rip their heads off.

"Of course, they'd still come around for Christmas dinner and all that because what happens on the field, it's not personal. And that's what the fans love. We're talking about building up the game and this is what people wanna see."

OK, but what was doing with that derogatory high five?

"Nah, I really was after a high five from him," Idris concedes. "I was saying, 'C'mon bruz high five, high five', but he wouldn't give me one. He just looked away. I was hoping no one saw that."

And so we headed across the sheds to see if Tahu really is so cruel as to leave a brother hanging? "Oh, mate, he'd rattled me a bit," the dual international says, a smile creeping across his dial. "We'd been going at each other all night and suddenly he's in front of me going, 'High five, high five'."But that's his personality, he's a real stirrer."

Idris, who credits his stunning form to the fact his dad is back from Africa after visiting family for three months, was so outstanding he received Canterbury's Players Player award.

Over the course of the evening he disposed of Tahu with a blockbuster fend, jolted the ball from him defending his tryline, came up with a penalty and, to cap off a bumper night, shrugged off five Eels before offloading for a play that finished with centre Junior Tia-Kilifi scoring. But as for when he'll get that high five? "Ah, I dunno if he'll even give me one, eh," he said.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
aha awesome! highlight of the night! idris owning tahu.

idris for captain! lol

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, GO IDRIS, the last ry we scored with IDRIS taking 5 parramatta players off him was the best, i loved that, i can see him as a really good footballer in the future... HIS JUST improving every game

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
He has really stepped it up,the only thing he needs 2 work on is a offload everytime he goes 2 the line he has 3 or 4 blokes hanging off him he"d put turner in everytime.
Well done Jamal..

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
he was on fire he should have been the focal point of attack allnight he owned the eels

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought he had his best game ever, he owned Ta who???????

abby.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That was the highlight of the game :p

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jamal OWNDD Tahu

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope to see more of these performances from Idris.

We've got one of the best attacking centre's in the game in him.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Jamal is in fantastic form. Played all over Tahu.

Status
Not open for further replies.