Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just like the ball hitting you in the head is called a Falcon, from this day forward, let it be known across the land, that falling on your butt when attempting a goal line dropout shall be known as a Jamma. So let it be written.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not the first time someone has slipped on their butt during a drop out, but never with such entertainment. Any which way, I enjoyed it.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Idris has done a couple of drop outs this season.......none have come off, but this one wasn't his first attempt in the NRL

B

Billiris2

He probably couldn't be bothered to give it to someone else. We take teh drop out to be a joke :D

D

dogsgonewild

Its all one big joke to them I wonder if losing is a joke too.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I missed it. I think someone summed it up when they said they just don't give a ****. The only time a player who wasn't our usual kicker has ever kicked was mason a few years back but we were helluva lot in front, was a muck around which ended up sticking and scored off it.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
It was funny, but I would have laughed even harder if he did a little spin routine before shotputting it out.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
maybe because our kickers are **** and at training he has been launching them -

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What he fell on when he took the drop out more or less summed up his entire season. But Ryan giving him the kick in the first place shows he doesn't give a sh*t either.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
And why the **** do people keep saying Bobcat gave him the kick? If Anyone, It wouldve been Hodkinson.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello? Ryan is the captain. Doesn't he control what is going on? And the decision to go for 2 points at the start of the game was just as ridiculous and the result was equally laughable - if it wasn't so serious.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
TBF "our captain" has just been tackling his arse off, Our drop kick "expert" has been kicking them for 30m & hooked himself ...

You could be right though, "Hey, Im captain here, you give him the ball & you go over there and let him kick it alright, ok, are we ready? Lets go team"

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And why the **** do people keep saying Bobcat gave him the kick? If Anyone, It wouldve been Hodkinson.
Ryan is the Captain. If he can't control his team, then step aside.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBF "our captain" has just been tackling his arse off, Our drop kick "expert" has been kicking them for 30m & hooked himself ...

You could be right though, "Hey, Im captain here, you give him the ball & you go over there and let him kick it alright, ok, are we ready? Lets go team"
Yeah why not. Organise and control - two fundamental aspects of being a leader.

What next, Eastwood taking the 2pts and you blame Turner? If players are making decisions autonomously, you have a circus out there!

Last edited by a moderator:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Honestly though, even Ben Roberts has an extremely weird way of holding the ball for a dropout. Has anyone noticed this? Even he's not too flash at them...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
So everything has to go through the captain these days eh? Just say I dunno, Mick Ennis is kicking at goal and has none from 4, we are behind because of this ... He cant just hand it over to someone else because he is a failure? "Hey captain, Can you take the goal kicking duty of me and give it to someone else?"

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So everything has to go through the captain these days eh? Just say I dunno, Mick Ennis is kicking at goal and has none from 4, we are behind because of this ... He cant just hand it over to someone else because he is a failure? "Hey captain, Can you take the goal kicking duty of me and give it to someone else?"
Ryan may opt to give someone else a go at goal-kicking. I'm sure a Captain can "feel" a situation and I'm sure a Captain would have a quick 2-second chat. Or are you happy for Ryan to just not take any interest in anything, and let the players do as they please?

Would you accept that players decide on a penalty option, rather then Ryan calling the shots, whether we agree on the choice or not?

It is up to the Captain to reign in the players and centralize the decision making, don't you think? Why have a Captain if he can not control the decisions? If you simply want players to make their own decisions amongst themselves, while you expect Ryan to sit back and twiddle his thumbs. what the heck?

What would be hard for Ryan, to have a quick chat with Ennis (in your scenario), and say 'look mate, your confidence is down and you're having a bad night, let's give Turner a shot at the next one" - it would show that he actually is "there", rather then just being "physically there", if you get what I mean. Or should we go with your scenario "Ennis: Hey Eastwood, want the next goal kick man? You can laugh and reminisce with Jamal"

Status
Not open for further replies.