Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs v Dragons

1995 quarter final

On fox right now

Dogs been getting owned all match and they have been playing the exact same footy they play today.

Who was it that said the dogs aren't the dogs anymore...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs v Dragons

1995 quarter final

On fox right now

Dogs been getting owned all match and they have been playing the exact same footy they play today.

Surely you are taking the piss....that game was a war Dean Pay and Simon Gilles take Tallis to town and Terry Lamb guides them home only to get in the sin bin and the team shows great heart to hang on with out him. You have no idea mate.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on here.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

So that means they haven't evolved.

The Dogs players of the 'olden' days would fight till the death. (even if they were getting smashed)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely you are taking the piss....that game was a war Dean Pay and Simon Gilles take Tallis to town and Terry Lamb guides them home only to get in the sin bin and the team shows great heart to hang on with out him. You have no idea mate.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on here.
Im talking more tactics... Obviously aggression and pride in the jersey has gone missing.

Simon Gillies standing over everyone after every tackle.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So that means they haven't evolved.

The Dogs players of the 'olden' days would fight till the death. (even if they were getting smashed)
Yeah Defo but the footy works.

As for the pride in the jersey well the only dog I see on field these days is Reynolds. Such a Shame.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mind you that was an all star saints team yet they could only score 8 points. So we played out of our skins to be honest and our defence was amazing (nothing like the soft defence we display today).

And another thing I notice is how much better the game was reffed back in the day. Free flowing, much more niggle, more aggression and impact. I don't even know what the penalty count is but it's probably 1/4 of what gets blown these days.

It might not be as skilful as it is today, but give me that any day of the week. Hard contest with big hits and great defence. Oh and no referee interruptions.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im talking more tactics... Obviously aggression and pride in the jersey has gone missing.

I was at that game it didn't stop raining all day so there was never going to be open attacking play. Terry and Pollys kicking game was perfect for the conditions.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mind you that was an all star saints team yet they could only score 8 points. So we played out of our skins to be honest and our defence was amazing (nothing like the soft defence we display today).

And another thing I notice is how much better the game was reffed back in the day. Free flowing, much more niggle, more aggression and impact. I don't even know what the penalty count is but it's probably 1/4 of what gets blown these days.

It might not be as skilful as it is today, but give me that any day of the week. Hard contest with big hits and great defence. Oh and no referee interruptions.
Yeah I get sad when I watch 90's games... That was footy!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at that game it didn't stop raining all day so there was never going to be open attacking play. Terry and Pollys kicking game was perfect for the conditions.
Cracker game... So tough! Truly the dogs of war!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cracker game... So tough! Truly the dogs of war!
How good was Polly he is the exact type of player we need in our current team. All heart and a great organiser.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I get sad when I watch 90's games... That was footy!
Only thing that slightly resembles it is state of origin. And even that isn't the same anymore.

nothing like the way the game was in the 80s and 90s. I don't even remember if there was a 12-8 game this year (last night there was over 70 points scored).

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brought back goosebumps.

Next year might just rewatch old Bulldogs games

The current mob are nothing like the teams from yesteryear. Maybe Hasler should do video sessions of our old games too. Get some passion back in the jersey.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Gilliies was incredible in the 95 finals run.

The Dragons match got our confidence growing and we "clicked" from there.

I'd encourage anyone with any interest in the Bulldogs to go find the next match vs The Broncos (featuring a baby Darren Lockyer), then the prelim against a star studded Canberra side ( sweet revenge for 94), and the Absolute mugging we gave the hottest favourite in GF history (surely) Manly who'd only lost 2 matches all year.

Best consecutive pressure run we've ever had. This is what the current team have before them....pfft

Fuck off Des

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good was Polly he is the exact type of player we need in our current team. All heart and a great organiser.
The Whole team man.. Every player putting their body on the line.

I wish Mbye and Lichaa can learn to play like Polly and Hetho. Imagine that!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Hasler should do video sessions of our old games too. Get some passion back in the jersey.
He doesn't care about or understand that, he's from Manly.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I watched 2nd half.
Was thinking same thing.
Eddie Ward. Quick decisions, free flowing game.
Just goes to show how shit the current crop of referees are.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gilliies was incredible in the 95 finals run.

The Dragons match got our confidence growing and we "clicked" from there.

I'd encourage anyone with any interest in the Bulldogs to go find the next match vs The Broncos (featuring a baby Darren Lockyer), then the prelim against a star studded Canberra side ( sweet revenge for 94), and the Absolute mugging we gave the hottest favourite in GF history (surely) Manly who'd only lost 2 matches all year.

Best consecutive pressure run we've ever had. This is what the current team have before them....pfft

Fuck off Des
How good is Dean Pays tackle on Glen Lazuaras in the Broncos game. He literally shatters his ribs in the first minute.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How good is Dean Pays tackle on Glen Lazuaras in the Broncos game. He literally shatters his ribs in the first minute.
Dean Pay is the kind of coach we need now...isn't he doing well at the Raiders or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.