I will get better: Idris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOUR words that will send shivers down the spines of his opposition and give goosebumps to Canterbury fans, Jamal Idris has declared “I will get better”.

At 110 kilos, the indigenous centre has lost five kilos from last season and says he is not only feeling lighter but his body is cramping less.

Asked whether he had a lot of improvement left in his game, Idris quickly chimed in, “Definitely.”

“I’ve started the season off with a good start but the real test comes around round 8, 9 and 10

“That’s when the grind of football starts kicking in, that’s when fatigue and niggly injuries starts so that’s when I got to pick up.

“There are always areas you have to work on in football in both attack and defence

“It’s not a one sided game and together as a team we’re working really well.”

After one of his quieter games against the Sydney Roosters last week it was the 20-year-old who was still providing the big plays with a hit on Roosters fullback Anthony Minichiello forcing him back into his own in goal and giving his side a repeat set.

The Bulldogs capitalised on the repeat set and secured first points but Idris wasn’t down, 13 minutes later from a cross field Trent Hodkinson kick, Idris out-leapt Joseph Leilua and Kane Linnett to claim his points of the day.

With an impressive performance over the Wests Tigers in the first round and a domination of Test centre Greg Inglis in the second, Idris puts his dream start down to his hard work in the clubs fitness session and a self imposed alcohol ban which has kept the hottest commodity in the game off alcohol since the start of the season.

“This pre-season was all about fitness, I’ve been doing a lot of extras and I think that’s given me the ability to run at my best even in the 68th minute.

“I don’t know if it’s much of a secret, all the boys work really hard in all the teams and for me I’m getting there.”

With multimillion dollar contract offers from Newcastle, the Gold Coast and Canterbury, who are set to formalise their bid this week, the question of where his future lies beyond this year may remain in limbo.

However one question he was able to answer, be it partly is whether his best is yet to be seen?

“Let’s hope so,” he said with a grin.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Alcohol ban must be doing him wonders.

I hear he loves a binge session. And I mean BINGE.

Good to hear he's laying off the stuff. It's only doing a lot of harm to his young body.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just an advertisment to increase his price tag.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree about the price tag comment.
Why not talk about your miss on Anasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.