Opinion I was one who also wanted him at the dogs.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ is at that same point of his career as Benji was. Benji was able to evolve his game and ditch the flare he had when he was younger to get a couple more solid years out. SJ thinks he’s still playing that touch footy style from a decade ago and it’s not working. Doesn’t seem to have the speed or to be able to create opportunities with his running game like he used to. Definitely not the player we need so we dodged one there

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't Shaun Johnson say he was 99% on signing with the Bulldogs, until Phil Gould rang him up and convinced him to come to the Warriors? Every Bulldog Fan was mad at the time because 3 days later Phil Gould signed with the Bulldogs. Am i correct ot wrong?
So Gussy done us a solid you reckon bro?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ was never good to begin with. Guy would have one or two flashy moments each season but would go missing most games ala Flanagan or worse. Bullet dodged there.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the biggest knock against Johnson IMO was the lack of success at the Warriors... for example, the Warriors made the GF in all three grades in 2011 and should have been a contender for years to come but rarely even made the finals... all flash, no substance

that said, I do think he could have been a great player --> a bigger, more robust Benji so to speak