News 'I want to keep coaching here': Why Pay believes he's the man for Dogs job

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fine, sack Pay. Then you'll be calling for the head of the next coach after 3 straight losses. NO ONE CAN DIG US OUT OF THIS MESS.

There's no players to sign, no sponsors want a team coming last, no fans coming to games, no interest from anyone whatsoever.

The only thing that will get us out of this mess is time.

PS... FUCK Des.
Yes but apart from that what do we do?

Time ...without doing anything?

How much time will it take to get us out of this mess?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes but apart from that what do we do?

Time ...without doing anything?

How much time will it take to get us out of this mess?
Next year if we recruit well we'll have a competitive/top eight roster. We're not going to win a premiership until ~2024. The mess has been 2018, 19 an 20. Unless that isn't what you mean by mess?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that he has got shit players, but a good coach would still improve SOME of those players. Pay has done sweet FA.

He hasn't established a playing style, good structures, ANYTHING. Unless playing slow and plodding is a good structure. If so, hes cracked it.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can this cock sucking mother fucker Pay just fuck of already. No one wants you to keep coaching at Canterbury you loser
You would be surprised how many people actually support Dean Pay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Next year if we recruit well we'll have a competitive/top eight roster. We're not going to win a premiership until ~2024. The mess has been 2018, 19 an 20. Unless that isn't what you mean by mess?
Was hoping Wahesh would reply to explain.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching the news and they’re saying the board want to extend Pays deal for another 2yrs..... I nearly choked on my dinner

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pros and Cons of Pay

Pros

Does seem to get the boys up for a game and has a good relationship with them
I really can't think of anyone else

Cons

Takes him 10 rounds to pick the obvious lineup that everyone else sees and has done this the past 3 seasons
Doesn't develop players, players have regressed under him
Is not a master tactician, the game seems to fly by him, i.e. the 6 again rule change, he still hasn't adjusted for it
Interchange use is horrible
Has his favorite players and persists with them when we have better options, hence our better options get frustrated and look to leave the club ASAP
Throws young players in the deep end or screws around with their inclusion in the team and completely demoralizes young players who have potential, e.g. Renouf To'omaga, Wakeham, Averillo, Ogden
Has more often than not recruited duds Britt, Stimson, Meaney, Cogger, attempted Reynolds
Sounds like an assistant coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watching the news and they’re saying the board want to extend Pays deal for another 2yrs..... I nearly choked on my dinner
That would mean if a new Board voted in Feb 2022 then they'd have to pay out Dean's contract to get rid of him?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Appoint a cardboard cutout from the game as head coach with @TwinTurbo @bradyk and @Nasheed as assistant coaches and 2021 will be an overachievement regardless of results. I’m all for this then watching Pay go around again

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson to play fullback, Tolman 5/8 & Meany to prop #Bringbackthemadness

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fine, sack Pay. Then you'll be calling for the head of the next coach after 3 straight losses. NO ONE CAN DIG US OUT OF THIS MESS.

There's no players to sign, no sponsors want a team coming last, no fans coming to games, no interest from anyone whatsoever.

The only thing that will get us out of this mess is time.

PS... FUCK Des.
Des could get us out of this mess

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I really don't give a shit anymore. Unless we get Bellamy (highly unlikely) or a Godsend akin to Robinson, then we'll be having these conversations over and over again next year, and the year after next...