Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cogger very average you’d think purely backup for when foran is injured
Pretty much. And Hopoate is going better at fb than Meaney too. Meaney may be depth too. Unless he plays c/w

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meaney
Reasonable goal kicker
Plays more like a five eight in attack
Does have a short kicking game
Good pass
Reasonable speed
Can catch a high ball
Follows play well
But shys away from contact
Needs a lot of work in defensive contact
Doesn’t like doing any hit ups at all
Needs at least 5kg and do some hit ups and may be ok
Only young and still growing
A long way short of solving our fullback problems
Does show potential though
In Dean I trust
At this point in time Hoppa and Foran still better options [emoji30]
Nothing wrong with Hoppa tbh. Gunna call Foran The Riddler though. A big question mark.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It hasn't happened so much in recent years, but back when we had a good board that knew their football we made a habit of picking up players that weren't so highly touted and quite often managed to get them in the frame for rep football with a pre-season to work on their issues. I think our new board are capable of doing the same thing.

I don't mean to cast doubts over the average fans ability to see good or bad things in a player, but the people doing our recruiting do this as a job, don't doubt they've done more research than 95% plus of the posters here on the forum. Some signings might not develop as we'd all like but from what I've seen of Meaney he has quite a few upsides. Thats pretty much three games to judge his ability, but he's definitely got potential. He's got some filling out to do, but the ability is there and with a good pre-season and some confidence in the team around him he could really prove a lot of the doubters wrong. I haven't had the chance to watch Cogger play, but he has a long history of making rep teams. That doesn't alkways translate to NRL stardom, but as long as he has good foundations of skill it was worth the gamble to punt on a youngster. We didn't have the cap room to pick up rep level halves which some people expect. I'll reserve judgment until they show what they can do in our team.

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
3. CHN/Manu/?
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Chicko
10. Klemmer
11. JJ
12. Martin
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Ogden
17. Woolford

Malla

Reaction score
Could’ve said the same thing about Lewis when we brought him over from Raiders lol I think they both have potential and can be good first graders for us

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meany is still young and I think eventually he will be our no'1 fb and until he is he'll be a good standby fb just in case of injuries, as for Foran if fit and no nagging injuries definitely be in fg considering the dosh he's on and with a better team surrounding him and a more positive team he will kill it combined with Lewis, actually looking forward to next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.