I hit up flanno sr on instagram

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would Flanagan be assistant to Dymock? Flanagan is a premiership winning coach, Dymock hasnt coached a FG side before. Also a bit shy of signing ANOTHER rookie coach.

Either way not fussed just weary of giving Flanno the head gig... would rather him be more of a mentor/assistant. the again he might be a devious ***** and cause more problems to get the role.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro you’ll say anything to get the job right.. we’ve all told a few porky pigs in an interview. I’m sure Kyle is very safe if his dad gets the gig.
Just saying i actually think all our halfback options at the moment suck.. and out of the 3 we have Kyle is probably the best..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dymock has been looked over for head coach roles every year for 14 years. He has experience in being considered only an assistant. People forget we won the minor premiership and should’ve won the gf the following year. He had a gun team for 8 games.
If he was ever ready it would be now... massive apprenticeship with 2 premiership winning coaches and one that could be his mentor/assistant if he is willing too.

Add one of the best attacking coaches in the game from melb if they can nab him and you have a decent lineup with some decent contingencies.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same thing was said about Barrett and Manly just after he signed with us. Look how that turned out? We even bought new chairs for the prick.

And Fitler can fukk right off. Absolutely not. No way the club is that stupid?
Who do you suggest?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saying i actually think all our halfback options at the moment suck.. and out of the 3 we have Kyle is probably the best..
We are definitely short of an established half back but Kyle was at a powershouse roosters squad with a strong coach and support staff and he couldn’t cut it. There isn’t much evidence to suggest we play better with Kyle at 7 then anyone else really.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Kyle has been playing ok since his return. Needs some advice from coach though. Baz should’ve been able to give advice.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we really want Flanagan as coach? I remember everyone getting excited about appointing Baz. He was a big failure.

I get it we are desperate , but who is the best

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been reading about Sharks and Flanno circa 2011-2018. Geez I had forgotten a lot from that period. He got a 9 months suspension for the peptide scandal. I thought that was why he wasn't allowed to coach, but nah, he came back and coached them to the premiershi, then a couple of years later the NRL uncovered he had breached his suspension by sending over 50 emails to the club, footy dept. etc. So they de-registered him indefinitely over what apparently happened several years prior. Weird. I said he'd been waiting 2 years to coach again. It's been 4 or so. And the NRL would have to re-register him I suppose.

All that was on Wikipedia so not to be taken as 100% fact.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind seeing Sherwin join the coaching staff in a more senior capacity.
Braith said tonight he has been talking to shifty and he has been trying to get on staff but can’t.

So all the conspirators who said he porked his missus should probably fuck right off

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Shane Flanagan would do anything to win. He looks like type of dad that would make Kyle walk home if he played bad. I reckon if kyle doesn't perform he won't pick him. On the flip side I think he is the best coach to get the best out of Kyle

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The inside mail is that Flanno senior has been offered a 3 year deal @ $750k per year with no clauses.

He has also been offered a 5 year deal at $7 million a year if he signs a decent halfback that isn’t named Kyle.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It would be the perfect time to bring in Flanno, he must be itching to get back into NRL now he can, and Sharks probably arent changing coach, so why not us? Is he brave enough though to take on the job? With 185 games as a FG coach and a premiership, he has more experience than any coach we got in 20 years. More experienced than Des was when we got him.