I hate my part-time job

Status
Not open for further replies.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what about your situation financially? can you afford to quit your job?

but i dunno, i wouldnt stay somewhere i was miserable at. just find somewhere else.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
it's money, try and stick to it till you can find another job if it's that bad

mAtt_06

yo.
Reaction score
I dont need the money thats the thing, Its my first job and my father thinks it would be good experience. Never really was about the money

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The hospitality industry is never easy especially if you are at the back assisting the chefs.

If you are really unhappy and see no point in staying, leave

But if you are willing to knuckle down and feel as if there is something you can learn and/or gain from this job, keep it at for a few more weeks.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two cents - I'm assuming since you haven't quit that you don't have any better alternatives at this stage.

Since you are still at school, financially stable and this is only a part time job, it would be great just to get the experience.

Instead of looking for a social experience where you get along with your manager, co-workers etc, why not think about what skills you can develop whilst on the job. Once you have developed these skills, use them to get a better job elsewhere. It gives you something to reference against and gives you the ability to talk to it when applying for more suitable work. Yes, you may not get along with everyone, but it's one way of getting a different motivation.

If you can get a solid 12 months experience in the one role or company, this may help you when looking for the job you really want.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends if your flunking, everybody has to work and not many people win the lotto, grin and bear it, think of pay day and the dream car you will have one day.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, This is my 7th week working at this place, and I absolutely hate it. I hate the boss, my co workers, and I also hate the job that I do.

I can't stand it.

Heres the thing, My dad told me I can quit at the end of the month so I dont get distracted from school.

Should I just give up now? Or should I try my hardest to stay? maybe it'll make me a stronger person?

I dont know!!!!!! help me
See how you feel at the end of the month.

A good solid 3 months under your belt might help. Sometimes, it can take that long just to learn a job properly. Until you know your job and feel you are doing it well, it can feel like it sucks.

Once you get the 3 months done, if you still feel like working won't interfere with your schooling, perhaps try a different industry? This will help you get a feel for what you may want to do when you graduate, and look good on your resume. So long as you don't flit from job to job to job too quickly.

And if this is your first job, it may be that the job doesn't suck as much as you think, but that you just may be discovering that working for a living can suck! Something to look forward too! :p :p

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was you, I'd stick with it.

But advice that isn't what my mentality would involve includes leaving now. If you plan to leave soon anyways, why prolong it? If you don't need to money, and are miserable, there really is no point going through anymore just to "prove a point/get experience/learn". You can do that elsewhere.
IMO there is a difference between hard work and loathing a job. If you really do hate it, you're young enough [and in a position] to be able to leave without it being a cop out or irresponsible.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Mate if you do not like what you are doing then never stick to it. Mentally it's not productive and you won't be able to properly focus on your work.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Go out with a bang !!!

Swear at the boss.
Throw some **** around.
Make some threats.
Spread some rumours about the staff.

:thumb:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Matt in my personal opinion...

There a lot of people who do not like their job and working with peopl they don't like...

and considering you are still young... its best that you gain experience working in high pressure environment and learn how to deal with them and learn how to work with people don't like...

so therefore stick with the job for the time being

Last edited by a moderator:

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
Well, This is my 7th week working at this place, and I absolutely hate it. I hate the boss, my co workers, and I also hate the job that I do.

I can't stand it.

Heres the thing, My dad told me I can quit at the end of the month so I dont get distracted from school.

Should I just give up now? Or should I try my hardest to stay? maybe it'll make me a stronger person?

I dont know!!!!!! help me
Don't quit!! The experience will be good for you. Plus jobs always suck when your new, just suck it up and hang in there abit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.