I had a dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Granted it wasn't as inspirational as Martin Luther King's but I dreamt the Sharks won 8-6. What does everyone else think the score will be?

P.S. Is it sad I even dream about the Bulldogs?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Granted it wasn't as inspirational as Martin Luther King's but I dreamt the Sharks won 8-6. What does everyone else think the score will be?

I hope your dream isn't prophetic, because we gotta WIN tonight.....I dreamed my shoes had holes in them last night...I also hope this dream wasn't prophetic.

And not sad, I have had one or two dogs related dreams in the past.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Janice, I have at theory on dreams ... it's a bit weird, so walk with me.

You know how dogs can dream right ? I've seen it. I used to have chuhuahuas and when they were asleep on my lap (or next to me) often they'd 'yelp' or 'whimper' mid sleep just like they were in a dream.

So with that in mind, I come to the conclusion that dreams are an evolutionary tool of sorts because (at least) two different animals can have them. So it begs the question "what purpose do they serve" ?

I reckon, dreams help us survive by preparing us for future psychological drama ... be it (a) the stress of a life threatening situation (ie: being chased by badies), (b) the psychological stress related to relationship events (ie: weird sexually related dreams with weird people) , and in your case (c) the psychological stress of your chosen team losing, and the subsequent feeling of loss that come with it.

All of these events dreamt up by our subconscious, are designed to expose our instincts to the unknown, and help us prepare "in the event it occurs" in real life.

In my mind, that explains the reasoning behind 'most' dreams ... the only part I can't explain, is why our brains chose to add the colourful cast of characters involved in them.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a number of Bulldogs related dreams in recent times. All of them resulting in us losing.... It's probably cause we arent doing that well and you really want us to win.....

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score

Dogs 24 - Sharks 12. Hey Janice, when was the last time you had a dream that came true.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dreams are generally your subconcious mind still working overtime when you head to bed. Much in the same way your mind reminds you of things to do when you are awake, it can't do it when you are asleep, and so your subconscious takes over and reminds you in the form of a dream. Even though it may not make complete sense.

At least that's my thoughts on dreams.

(cue john Edwards)

Do you gamble on NRL or are you part of a tipping comp? Are your tips in? Who did you back to win and are you second guessing your choice.

I reckon that is your dream. Either that or we just found Glen Munsies account on here. :grinning:

FWIW I can't watch or attend the match tonight, so it means we will most likely win.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

You know how dogs can dream right ? I've seen it. I used to have chuhuahuas and when they were asleep on my lap (or next to me) often they'd 'yelp' or 'whimper' mid sleep just like they were in a dream.

So with that in mind, I come to the conclusion that dreams are an evolutionary tool of sorts because (at least) two different animals can have them. So it begs the question "what purpose do they serve" ?

I reckon, dreams help us survive by preparing us for future psychological drama ... be it (a) the stress of a life threatening situation (ie: being chased by badies), (b) the psychological stress related to relationship events (ie: weird sexually related dreams with weird people) , and in your case (c) the psychological stress of your chosen team losing, and the subsequent feeling of loss that come with it.

All of these events dreamt up by our subconscious, are designed to expose our instincts to the unknown, and help us prepare "in the event it occurs" in real life.

In my mind, that explains the reasoning behind 'most' dreams ... the only part I can't explain, is why our brains chose to add the colourful cast of characters involved in them.
Interesting thoughts as always...haha any theories about what my dream about holes in my shoes might mean? I have actually been wondering...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts as always...haha any theories about what my dream about holes in my shoes might mean? I have actually been wondering...
Could be your subconscious preparing you for the uncomfortable/stressful situation where you are stuck in public minus your shoes ...

Let me ask, was there a fear attached ? (ie: Fear of getting your feet wet / Fear of getting laughed at ...)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Could be your subconscious preparing you for the uncomfortable/stressful situation where you are stuck in public minus your shoes ...

Let me ask, was there a fear attached ? (ie: Fear of getting your feet wet / Fear of getting laughed at ...)
I wouldn't say fear as such...but definite discomfort...I think I was on the way to some place important...or maybe work...I got the impression I was going somewhere where I'd need good shoes and having holes in the pair I was wearing was a big deal...some sort of insecurity about being unprepared for some unknown event in the future maybe?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
...some sort of insecurity about being unprepared for some unknown event in the future maybe?
Exactly ...

I know it's a far cry from the life'n'death situation of being eaten by a sabre tooth tiger, but millions of years later, the 'evolutionary tool' of dreams still serves a modern day purpose.

Your subconscious makes you a little more prepared to deal with these things.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other night I had a dream that I was playing for Hawthorn. I kicked 2 goals and had a blinder. The coach was a smoking hot blonde. I woke up before we could have sex :(

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Exactly ...

I know it's a far cry from the life'n'death situation of being eaten by a sabre tooth tiger, but millions of years later, the 'evolutionary tool' of dreams still serves a modern day purpose.

Your subconscious makes you a little more prepared to deal with these things.
And in light of that....I'm off to buy new shoes this weekend...just in case ;) I was thinking similar things...but it's always nice to bounce your interpretations off other people...thanks man.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I dream every night that we didn't have a cat as a Captain - meh, they mean nothing

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets hope the dream was wrong...
Go the doggies... =)

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Your right about the dog dreams..

My bulldog will be laying in the loungeroom asleep, then you hear him start growling / barking softly, then his legs start moving like he is running.. fighting the good fight for all of us... So funny to watch

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs 24 - Sharks 12. Hey Janice, when was the last time you had a dream that came true.
Well it wasn't the one about winning $70,000,000.00 the other week........so it's been a while, if ever I suppose.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
also there are so many hidden messages behind dreams, such as seen what we fear of visualizing and not the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.