I got a call from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
So I got an interesting voicemail today from the club. TheY said they were ringing because I attended the Belmore game and wanted to know how I enjoyed the experience. It's a pity I missed their call because I've called back about 5 times since lunch time and it's rung out every time. Nobody even answers the phone when you are ringing back about a customer service issue.
Anyway, my annoyance at not being able to return the call aside, has anyone else ever received a call like that? I wonder why they are feeling the need to call members all of a sudden. I've been a member for almost 10 years and not once has anyone called me to see how I enjoyed a game. Do you think they are going into damage control as they fear a mass exodus of members for 2017?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Immortal bulldog, did they tell you what position you'll be playing?
The game is Friday night mate!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely seems strange. They must be shitting bricks from all the negative feedback they have gotten on social media, the kennel, and even calls and emails to the club.

At the end of the day it's taken 10 years to build our membership up past 20000. So even if 10% of them don't renew it will hurt their bottom dollar.

By the way how did you enjoy the game? (On field performance aside).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did not get a call about the game at Belmore but about two weeks ago club contacted my husband in relation to a race day function and a player meet and greet and something about corporate sponsorship. He has a small business but heaven's knows how they got those details as it has never ben mentioned in any dealings with the club. Maybe a coincidence?

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More like they were just starting early to chase your membership money for next year. As is they would care if you enjoyed yourself or not. If they wanted you to enjoy yourself they would get a new coach and instill some real Bulldog spirit into the players....Nah....... just send your money

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Spewing you missed the call. Would have been an interesting phone call.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah a phone line that rings out through not being manned in this day in age is very unprofessional. That is interesting that you got a call, actually I am thinking about contacting them again and suggesting they back Veteran Suicide organisations. They could do an awesome jersey up for that one with the silhouette of a digger in a dark blue/twilight colour background. That I would buy.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Definitely seems strange. They must be shitting bricks from all the negative feedback they have gotten on social media, the kennel, and even calls and emails to the club.

At the end of the day it's taken 10 years to build our membership up past 20000. So even if 10% of them don't renew it will hurt their bottom dollar.

By the way how did you enjoy the game? (On field performance aside).
Pretty underwhelming TBH. 10000 people at Belmore is disappointing. The first game back there against Melbourne had the best atmosphere ever. People standing on cars and shit to see over the fence and just a sea of blue and white. Despite the fact that it was Thursday I reckon we should have attracted more people to our spiritual home. I guess the fact that every game we've played there since our teams played like they're disinterested may have contributed to fans staying away.
If I do manage to get hold of someone at the club I'll be telling them they shouldn't play any more games there until the players and staff realise the significance of the place for the fans and the history of the club.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
More like they were just starting early to chase your membership money for next year. As is they would care if you enjoyed yourself or not. If they wanted you to enjoy yourself they would get a new coach and instill some real Bulldog spirit into the players....Nah....... just send your money
I must admit that was my first thought. I have an automatic renewal anyway.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Did not get a call about the game at Belmore but about two weeks ago club contacted my husband in relation to a race day function and a player meet and greet and something about corporate sponsorship. He has a small business but heaven's knows how they got those details as it has never ben mentioned in any dealings with the club. Maybe a coincidence?
If you've ever used a business credit card to pay for anything club related the banks will happily sell your details to organisations

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you've ever used a business credit card to pay for anything club related the banks will happily sell your details to organisations
Nah. Only ever uses his business card to buy tools, materials for jobs and for petrol. Know all about "on sell " of details

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been called if I was ever late to renew my membership

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone know how to terminate the auto renewal shit?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Hope they call me so I can tell em what I really think.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There wasn't 10k people at Belmore either
They inflated the figure big time

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes my friend also got a call.. he said our performance at Belmore was a disgrace ( like the last 3 other tomes he went) and if they continue to play like that they may as well play in perth for all he cares

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get any of those calls anymore, I blocked all the numbers they rang from. I didn't renew my membership for this season, as if I'm going to become a member again for next year staring down the barrel of the same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.