I get excited every week

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just love the boys defence this year. Good to see we can score nice tries again. unlucky to only have 2 wins

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For me it's the attitude of the players.

We're not worldbeaters but the foundation we're laying is exceptional. A foundation built on commitment, comradeship, fight.

It's what we're all about but we need to be patient with it.

We'll get there

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the lead up to the season I was salivating over our backline and edges. The form of Curran, Mann and a few others has been really pleasing. And despite the handful of close losses we should have won, we're looking like we might just exceed expectations and challenge for the finals.

By this stage in the last few years it took a lot of wilful delusion to not know we weren't even a slim chance of being in finals contention.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbf I'm excited after last week. Will be bitterly disappointed if we can't back up that performance now that I have some expectations of the team.
I am nervous about this week as much as round 1 merely because a loss, even another "good" loss will be detrimental to confidence levels and everything built so far.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newcastle ain’t a team to take lightly. If anyone thinks it’s a 13+ effort is wrong. Every year it’s getting harder to compete as the shitter teams are getting stronger. These days it’s all about attitude as talent isn’t much of an issue anymore with any team in the comp. Let’s hope the boys come out firing and get the lead early. That’ll get them defending solid the rest of the game.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Newcastle ain’t a team to take lightly. If anyone thinks it’s a 13+ effort is wrong. Every year it’s getting harder to compete as the shitter teams are getting stronger. These days it’s all about attitude as talent isn’t much of an issue anymore with any team in the comp. Let’s hope the boys come out firing and get the lead early. That’ll get them defending solid the rest of the game.
We will struggle vs their big pack.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m the same way, but to be honest and real if we lose to Newcastle and a tigers we will be finishing in the bottom four.
If we win those we will beat Penrith and we will be climbing up the ladder.
We are playing football that is challenging if we cut out out mistakes
And take more risks when can get this done .
Our game against Newcastle is like a grand final make no mistake

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
exactly I just want effort and pride like what we’ve done this season. Obviously the first game of the year was ridiculous with zero possession. I feel really good about this sunday, just a win I don’t how is what we want.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m the same way, but to be honest and real if we lose to Newcastle and a tigers we will be finishing in the bottom four.
If we win those we will beat Penrith and we will be climbing up the ladder.
We are playing football that is challenging if we cut out out mistakes
And take more risks when can get this done .
Our game against Newcastle is like a grand final make no mistake
yep exactly if we beat knights, tigers and somehow beat panthers (which i as a fan we do but it’s hard) I would say we’re in for a treat this season.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we are improving, and I am liking what I am seeing but we must remember that we may still have bad games. We may be 2 steps forward one step back. I hope that we come away with the win this weekend, but if we don't it will not be back to the drawing board. It will just be a challenge on the way.

Kiks and Xerri had great games last week. Xerri is only coming back from 4 years out, a lack of consistency would be expected. JAC also had one of those magic games. We need Crichton, Tracey & Reed to stand up this week, and we need to see more running from Burton. If we are dependent on the same players each week, we will have bad weeks.

I will be at the game on Sunday, to cheer our team on. Just like CC said in the presser we need to show that we are getting behind our team. Give them that little bit extra, that support during the game could be the difference. Newcastle were in the 8 last year, and I see them as a better team this year and Elliot could be in a mood against us.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likewise, i never watch replays of games we lose (and I miss live) but I watched the storm game based on everyone's feedback here and was impressed. Unfortunately we lost it due to a few individual mistakes but as a team we did fantastic.

I have a great feeling about newcastle, like we're going to really pump them. I hope we actually do as I'll be incredibly disappointed and sucked back into a constant state of depression if we lose.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Likewise, i never watch replays of games we lose (and I miss live) but I watched the storm game based on everyone's feedback here and was impressed. Unfortunately we lost it due to a few individual mistakes but as a team we did fantastic.

I have a great feeling about newcastle, like we're going to really pump them. I hope we actually do as I'll be incredibly disappointed and sucked back into a constant state of depression if we lose.
happy kiraz came out this week in a media talk saying we’re hurt from last years heavy loss. Tell you what if we can come out and smack Newcastle I’ll be proud

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd love to belt Newcastle this week. But I'll be happy if we're never facing a scary moment. A 12 pont buffer they never get within reach of would be fine by me. There have been extenuating circumstances, but we're not adept at going on with good leads just yet. The one big lead we blew began with 9 minutes of the ref kicking the shit out of us.

I respect any opponents ability to get up for any specific game. But it's more likely they will rise above their average performance if we can't find a way to withstand the refs too.

So I'm confident we've got the ability, still nervous about the refs.