Opinion I feel sorry for flanno Honestly

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are so many making excuses for poor old Flanno, perhaps it's because they gobble up all the rubbish the presenters dish out. I've seen far to many people (even successfull ones) relying on the opinions of TV presents and they treat anything that comes out of their mouth as Gospel
Funny that theres been no mention of the fact that Flanno was droped by Robinson, then the rotters were willing to give him away and even paid some of the frieght to play for us.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people seem concerned that there has been a change in the 1/2's. I would be more concerned
if we continued accepting the same rubbish that they have been presenting.
I don't think its the change in the halves, its the planning from baz. He should know who is best to partner Burton. I'm not sure anyone saw Avo play last year and thought that he was an organising half, yet he persisted all year with him. Its not like it was as a winning combination. What happens if Flanno plays poorly? Does he only get two games to prove himself. I think flanno is probably the best fit for now, but if he played last year and had some trials it would of shown some planning. Shithouse coaching, fkn amateur hour

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah feel sorry for him... getting paid top dollar to be a professional sportsmen.

I’m working in the rain on site today bloody mudpit.

but feel sorry for him
Yeah, I dont get this duty of care rubbish that those 360 clowns were talking about. Flanno should be happen to have an opportunity seemingly from nowhere. I feel sorry for the fans because we are putting up with this bullshit. Round 5 and the coach doesn't know who the half-back should be.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why feel sorry for Flanno?
He’s back in first grade wearing the number 7

There’s absolutely no expectations on him to come in and beat the defending champions absolutely none

He’s playing with house money

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you reckon we can trial another coach like Barrett’s done to all these poor players. He’s really fucking yo their careers. The list of players heading down the direction of Mbye

Topine
BBO
Flanagan
Averillo
Wakeham

all these players have played out of Position this clown. I just don’t understand. If you come through at a particular position why not just fucken play there? Okay the case can be made for ayoung fullback or centre to play in the wing. That’s fine. But why take a a secondrower like Topine and throw him in a hooker? Or Wakeham at hooker or BBO at hooker? That is absolutely shit. I know you might say the roles are similar but they’re actually not and you can ask anyone who’s played the game how different they are. Barrett is an A1 prick and a shot coach. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year and I thought okay the start of this year we will look good. Clunky. But I thought we’d show shape and some sort of stability. Papenhauzyen has scored more tries than the bulldogs. How Fucken sad is that. Well done Barrett. Keep up the bad work.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Said before I hope he plays decent. My chooks didn't give him a fair play....the bloke needs as do you guys.
Just on Burton he played under a different system, attack style and knowing who's gonna be where and when
So I reckon in a bit he'll come good....getting used to the plays and styles of his crew

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Watch him come out, set up a few tries. Burton gets MOTM because he can actually play his natural game. JAC gets a hat trick. Flanagan kicks 7/7 as we win 38-12. The Kennel is in delirium.

Then Monday morning announces he’s going to Leeds with his old man.
The most hilarious part might be the Kennel melting down that we let him go.....how did we let flanno go? Lol.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont get this duty of care rubbish that those 360 clowns were talking about. Flanno should be happen to have an opportunity seemingly from nowhere. I feel sorry for the fans because we are putting up with this bullshit. Round 5 and the coach doesn't know who the half-back should be.
Whatever happens on Sunday young Flanno will be ok, simply because the N.R.L.360 mob and his supporters on TK have already prepared an excuse for him if he fails, "poor flanno our club has thrown him into the deep end once again".

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t rate any of the options to partner Burto long term. Getting an experienced half would of been a better option.

Flanno probably should of been given trial games with Burton and started the year as first choice.
Himself and Wakeham are the only halfbacks in the top 30. Averillo is a utility, similar to a Connor Watson type that can’t tackle as well.

Nrl 360 with their agenda is pretty poor. They are the only ones talking about duty of care and bashing the club, without there two episodes this week nothing is said really.

Was Wakeham the halfback in Juniors alongside Averillo or was Averillo centre and not even a 5/8?

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone see 360 tonight. They talked about it for near 10mins and Braith is fired up, he admitted to talking to Kyle over the past 6 months. He obviously knows Kyle's side of the story but wouldn't say, kept trying to pry it out of the journos to say.
Even if Kyle comes good I can't imagine he would want to hang around after next season unless we ended up with a new coach (his dad) haha