I fear Baz won't get sacked.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, I disagree.
It’s not rocket science and only gets as complicated as you make it. Strong and clear leadership is all that’s needed.
I might add, I couldn’t care if our next Coach is high or low profile, there are an abundance of Coaches who could do more with what we’ve got, it’s change that is needed.
Any other industry they would be looking at other resumes for the job. The jokers at our club are not proactive

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100%.
T Balls said that Kiraz was 4 or 5th in line, yet showed more promise in 60mins of footy than I’ve seen from Ivan Milat Naden all season ffs.
Keep anyone with an ounce of talent away from this c{}nt.
Yeah he seriously has no idea in any area of football.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still can’t understand why we let Cotric go this year with no replacement. It has had a huge impact on our backs lacking that level of player and not spending the money on anyone. There was never explanation given.

It’s not like we can even say it was for next years money. We have only bought two players. We have big $$ off contract again. It still has me puzzled. Our backs have been our most consistent problem outside of halfback.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, sacking Baz tomorrow or at the end of the year makes little difference. Getting the right coach is more important.
Disagree with the first part, getting rid of these Muppets now gives the players more freedom to play to their strengths instead of all the complicated crap Barretts trying to make them do, and it hopefully gets them enjoying football again ... that gives us something to build on before the new coach gets here.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus hasn’t been around for the last 7 years he can’t expect to tell us to be patient
He's saying its so bad: I'm not a miracle worker.

Setting up a club for long term success takes a lot longer than ripping it apart as with whats happened.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is the pressure from the media on Baz… he’s the worst coach in the history of the Nrl?.!!?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree with the first part, getting rid of these Muppets now gives the players more freedom to play to their strengths instead of all the complicated crap Barretts trying to make them do, and it hopefully gets them enjoying football again ... that gives us something to build on before the new coach gets here.
I disagree bro. Getting rid of Baz now will appease the fans - including me but I don't think putting a care taker in makes us more competitive. Gus needs to identify the type of coach we need then get them

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I disagree bro. Getting rid of Baz now will appease the fans - including me but I don't think putting a care taker in makes us more competitive. Gus needs to identify the type of coach we need then get them
Agree. We cant be keeping on the inexperienced coach merry go round.

If/when the next coach fails, we will be poison.

We just have to expect that Gus has a plan and working towards it. Doesn't look great atm for sure. Looks diabolical in fact.

And it looks like we have to bite the bullet with all these overpriced plodders we currently have unless Gus can move them on.

This rebuild to respectability will take longer than we hoped bc of all the silly signings, complacency and incompetence of the past Boards and there's nothing us fans can do about it to hurry it up.

I've resigned myself to more rubbish unless and until Gus either fully takes over or he finds the right coach and players who can make a difference....there don't appear to be any in both that category as yet.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the clubs failure to take any action regarding Barrett, will eventually come back onto them as well, sponsors, memberships and income will all fall
media coverage will be negative, fans will revolt
so no action will also be a reason to look at those who took none themselves

Tlamb

Banned
Reaction score
You can’t win games without a 9 and a 7. I’m no fan of Barrett but that doesn’t help anyone.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To win these high impact games the team needs some good front rowers to set the platform for the backs to use.
The only real prop we have is Vaughn. Seumanafagai and Patolo are only journeymen. TPJ and Thompson are both better on an edge.
Until such time we recruit or develop some props we are going nowhere, irrespective of who is coach.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To win these high impact games the team needs some good front rowers to set the platform for the backs to use.
The only real prop we have is Vaughn. Seumanafagai and Patolo are only journeymen. TPJ and Thompson are both better on an edge.
Until such time we recruit or develop some props we are going nowhere, irrespective of who is coach.
Bro, our attack and skill level in the spine has been so poor for a number of years. Our lack of ponts is not because our forwards haven't layed a platform. We get enough attacking opportunities in a game - these turn to shit because we lack direction in the halves, resort to the inside pass, play well before the line and kick poorly. It has been tough to watch our attack since the back end of Hasler. We play boring footy.