News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate I’m as hetro as a bloke can be … but even I’ve got to admit, every female watching would have been glued to the screen during that walk off, and probably even drooling a little, got to admit he’s quite the specimen .. I’m sure like SBW did back in the day, Dom earned himself a lot of new female and probably male fans during that send off ..
Mate, I'm as gay as a bloke can be... but even I've got to admit Sophie Monk is quite the specimen.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It’s a clear send off direct contact to the head with force and knocked him out

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can picture you doing the old fatty vautin head wobble while saying that [emoji23]
funny .. now you’ve mentioned it, can see fatty saying that ..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He got what he deserved on the day. If it's a two week suspension it's probably a bit light IMO. not sure if Young has firm for high shots or not. But he's gone in with intent and didn't miss.

If the NRL want to be serious about head injuries they need to really discourage it. It'd change pretty quickly if they said a high tackle was anything above the rib cage. Tackling around the upper chest to collarbone is a binning, Neck or head contact, damage or not, is 8 weeks and sitting out the rest of the game.
Closed fist or not he did get him with a stiff arm across the jaw how else would Taaffe get a concussion and misses a game.
Robbo threw a tantrum with one thing in mind to make sure his player gets a reduced suspension, he succeeded,
IMO Robbo should be on report for repeatedly calling the ref a "f*rkn cheat" on national TV.
IMO there were dud calls made both ways, so Robbo should shut his mouth.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Deserved a send off… also, don’t forget, if that hit doesn’t land flush on his jaw and bounces off Taafe’s chest, Blake was through the line and probably would have scored.

With Radley; what got him sin binned was the fact that his feet left the ground and he landed on the back of Crichton’s legs… the ankle injury would have come from the other tackler though because he was on Crichton’s ankle.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't understand why he will only get a two week suspension. Isn't that what Morrin got? Morrin put a player in a dangerous position, no concussion, no injury, no reshuffle. South's player never left the field. Taffe missed the majority of last night's game and will miss next weeks.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably good he is there. Imagine roosters had a half decent coach they would win just about every year with that roster and the kids they have coming through

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Closed fist or not he did get him with a stiff arm across the jaw how else would Taaffe get a concussion and misses a game.
Robbo threw a tantrum with one thing in mind to make sure his player gets a reduced suspension, he succeeded,
IMO Robbo should be on report for repeatedly calling the ref a "f*rkn cheat" on national TV.
IMO there were dud calls made both ways, so Robbo should shut his mouth.
Yes I saw the comments by Robinson and it was not hard to miss what he said even if you were not someone who can regularly lip read. That comment was directed straight at the referee, a player does it on field and he is in massive trouble

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean say what he has to to help minimise the damage. But Dom was obviously in a bad mood and got what he deserved. The Roosters thought they were going to beat us and they hated us - so us beating them was a humiliation in their eyes - you could see it in Kleary in the presser - made me very happy to see how gutted he was lol
The fucking idiot was on tilt after Mahoney smashed him and he dropped the ball and then Kiks used his head as traction for the line break.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Robinson behaves like such a bitch in his press conferences. We lost a player for the game in a brutal head high tackle, so tell me how a 20 min sin bin should have been given???

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo decided to wonder into Belmore today... I have alot of respect for the guy but still couldn't help letting him know he was "that close".

Let us know though, "maybe, next time"

We're so gonna get belted the next time we play em..hahaha