I believe the Jackson Bird offer at the Broncos may significantly impact us

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if you are referring to my reference in OP, I meant he has for a brisbane based club.
Ok cool thanks , I thought maybe he officially called it quits after this season to head up a media role. Cheers

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope we are stuck with the dud longterm...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brisbane often get their man...whoever it is, who knows, and quite frankly, who cares?

I just want to hear that our club is making the right choices.

I'm just disappointed that Des hasn't taken the leap of faith with Frawley upon Mbye's return in season 2017. He only got a run against the Knights because Abbey went down and that required a positional shift.

When all the whooha dies down, Woods will likely be our "big name" signing in addition to a couple of fringe first graders.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is only on the outer with the fans mate. Des Hasler drinks his bath water. Another 'quality' thread lol

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Most of you by now would have seenin the corner of your eye that the Brisbane Broncos, coached by Wayne Bennett, have reportedly offered the young ace 1.2 million a year to head to Red Hill.

What may be lost on most Kennelites is this may have an impact on our team both ways, It is just my opinion but hear me out.

If Bird DOESNT go to the Broncos.

If Bird opts out of the deal, or it goes under, then it is my opinion that the Broncos will try and throw a solid amount of cash at another half who can cover both the 6 and 7 slots.

This is where the Bulldogs come in.

With Cronk opting out, and Mbye on the reported outer at the dogs, I think that Brisbane may just ask the question of Mbye.

It is no secret that he has been in the system before like Ash Taylor (a junior who has been approached) and like Taylor, I think the Broncos will try and target a relatively experienced but young QLD half. They have made murmurs about it before;

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/828053ad29d4e35bdcfbf278faeb25d1

This is positive for us, as much as Mbye doesnt click for the dogs, he still has a solid reputation out there in the market and I think most coaches of quality would back themselves into making Mbye a star, and I could soooo see Bennett offering him a line to take him off our hands, which allows us to retain Reynolds and make Cronk/Forangood offers.

Excellent scenario.

Also, if that doesnt pan out, it is possible they approach Frawley as well. However that isnt a big chance, but its another dog in the fight for Frawley.
Obviously Nashweed has been smoking that pot again!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye is only on the outer with the fans mate. Des Hasler drinks his bath water. Another 'quality' thread lol
Like I said in the OP, Mbyes a coaching dream!
He hasn't delivered but he has al the ingredients to be something and I think every coach with an ego would back themselves to make him blossom and pollinate the comp.

Has that Andrew walker vibe about him

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in the OP, Mbyes a coaching dream!
He hasn't delivered but he has al the ingredients to be something and I think every coach with an ego would back themselves to make him blossom and pollinate the comp.

Has that Andrew walker vibe about him
I reckon Mbye has more Nathan Blacklock in him than Walker.

Since Mbye has mastered playing the ball backwards im sure he can master a few backflips

Status
Not open for further replies.