I am a true Bulldogs Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Yesterday I celebrated my 55th birthday. I was born to Canterbury Bankstown people. My father from Bankstown, my mother from Wiley Park. I was born to be a Berries / Bulldogs man. It is in my blood. My first memories were playing around the hill and old grandstand at Belmore. I have seen most of the greatest this club has signed play for their club, city and country, State and for their Country.

I support for this great club has never wavered. At the beginning of the week, I did show a little weakness due to my disappointment of a fourth straight loss. However, because of my love for this club, I am going to believe, I am going to believe that they can put the worst of this season behind them, I believe that they will join together, and over the next 8 weeks, play hard, play strong, and Win This Comp.

I BELIEVE. And I hope that I can be around to see another 55 seasons.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm the opposite in upbringing I guess. Am 22, born in Kogarah, grew up in South West Sydney and played all my junior footy in CRL Group 6. Only ever went to 2 games played at Belmore.

I pretty much only have 2 years of cred living in Bankstown. lol

In saying that I bleed blue and white and will follow my team for better or worse.

Gotta say, I'm still confident of what we can achieve this season. All it takes is once good win and a little confidence to get our season back on track.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was born at Greenacre hospital. My whole family are Bulldogs supporters and my Nan's dad went to the very first Canterbury game ever. I've grown up supporting the team - it's just always been on my DNA.

On the way to school I used to cop it during the early 2000's. I wouldn't have it any other way. Other teams wish they were us.

This club is special, very special and I am privileged to be a part of it.

I may have moved around over the years and I do live in Canberra now, but once again, tonight - ill return to the heartland in which I was born. Ill anticipate tomorrow nights clash and pray that we can restart our season - in search of our ninth premiership.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My only Bankstown cred is that my dad grew up across the road from belmore oval

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I celebrated my 55th birthday. I was born to Canterbury Bankstown people. My father from Bankstown, my mother from Wiley Park. I was born to be a Berries / Bulldogs man. It is in my blood. My first memories were playing around the hill and old grandstand at Belmore. I have seen most of the greatest this club has signed play for their club, city and country, State and for their Country.

I support for this great club has never wavered. At the beginning of the week, I did show a little weakness due to my disappointment of a fourth straight loss. However, because of my love for this club, I am going to believe, I am going to believe that they can put the worst of this season behind them, I believe that they will join together, and over the next 8 weeks, play hard, play strong, and Win This Comp.

Great stuff mate and happy birthday for yesterday, hopefully for your present tomorrow night we can all sing along to the victory song video in the sheds!

I know who and what I am, I'm a mighty doggies man!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy Birthday dude

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy birthday bro!

My parents moved here from over seas and bought their first house in Yagoona, I was born in Auburn Hospital as my mum was taken there from Yagoona and my brother was born in the house we grew up in for a few years. We stayed in the Bankstown area for a few years before moving out to Pendle Hill/Wentworthville. Good times and till have mates/family friends we stay in touch with, I love coming into the Bankstown area knowing good food is just around the bend lol.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm very different BUT we have a common cause.....the doggies.

I'm 40, grew up in Bris-vegas....watched and played local footy all my life until the Bronc's came into the comp with the mighty KING leading the team. When Bennett dared to sack the KING I turned my back on a team/club who no longer resembled the team I wanted to support.

Ewen Mcgrady magic, Terry Lamb and hard hitting defence lured me to my new team and one I have supported for 23 years now. Been 10 years waiting for another premiership now, hopefully the boys can help out with that one. Happy b'day mate!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I'm the opposite in upbringing I guess. Am 22, born in Kogarah, grew up in South West Sydney and played all my junior footy in CRL Group 6. Only ever went to 2 games played at Belmore.

I pretty much only have 2 years of cred living in Bankstown. lol

In saying that I bleed blue and white and will follow my team for better or worse.

Gotta say, I'm still confident of what we can achieve this season. All it takes is once good win and a little confidence to get our season back on track.
Group 6 is around Macarthur, isn't it?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Born in Bass Hill. Went to Bass High. Left Bass Hill at the age of 17 & always a Bulldog!

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy 55th champ. Proud to be a Bulldog!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Born in Bass Hill. Went to Bass High. Left Bass Hill at the age of 17 & always a Bulldog!
I stayed in the caravan park there the night before the 1995 GF. My first time in the GF atmosphere was pretty cool.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy Birthday mate, I'm from quite a different background but have a common love.....born and bred Queenslander to parents that followed Redcliffe in the local comp and supported the Dragons in NSWRL..... I some how wanted no part of the Dragons and as a young fella decided to follow the Dogs in my juniors I played for a club famous for Fatty but my favourites were dogs players from our club Hagan and Currie, played seniors for Wests up here when they were still in the comp where Tony Currie coached and is still very heavily involved..... I have never stepped foot in Belmore... Have come close though and my love for the dogs will never waver or die..... Proud and passionate always flying the flag for the Dogs in Queensland for 35 years

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Bulldogs supporter come from every background, every place in Australia, and I have a american mate who loves flying his flag during games. He gets to watch on the internet and is mad as hell. Keep up the good work in supporting this bunch of players, and I hope that they can find it in their hearts to give that little bit extra tomorrow to get our season back on track. The mighty Bulldogs, the greatest in the league.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i doubt you will make it through another 55 seasons, thats 110 years old ffs

maybe if you look after yourself

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Happy Birthday mate, I am also from the area. Belmore all my life and went to St Johns Lakemba which is now Holy Spirit College. Bulldogs have been part of our life since we came here back in 1970. Always have and will support the club through good times and bad. Passionate and proud to be a bulldog.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Happy bday mate!!

I was born at Canterbury hospital. Gone for the bulldogs since 1984. My first games were at Belmore and have been through the good times through to the bad times ie riot at Belmore.
Have seen a lot of the Bulldogs legends play ie Lamb Mortimers McGrady Hagan Gillespie langmack domicile Smith brothers etc and still continue to bleed blue and white.
Even though I live IN QLD I still fly down and watch about 8-10 games in Sydney. Always and will be a Bulldog

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score

One of your best champion ! Top stuff !!

I grew up in the outer Bankstown suburb of Panania , played junior footy with Revesby Heights , Milperra Colts and school footy with De La Salle . In 1980 I played a final at Belmore . Was a real thrill as a 13yr old to be in the doggies home dressing shed . I have a confession - never followed the dogs until I left the area in 1993 , all of a sudden I felt the blue and white call and Terry Lamb quickly became my hero .
Have been rock solid ever since . In that time we have made 5 grand finals and won 2 . One of my life regrets now is not getting behind them since 1979 . Have long since left Sydney and have had stints in Wollongong , Hobart and Toowoomba and have never wavered . After the 17 game winning streak in 2002 and the deduction of points I was obviously shattered - made worse by being at the gf and watching the Roosters hold up the trophy . The offseason after , I got my one and only tattoo - a Bulldogs emblem .
There is no other sporting club for me , and like you Guardy - last weeks performance cuts deep .
But there is always next week .

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep.

Covers pretty much south of Campbelltown right down to Robertson - spanning nearly 100km between each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.