Hypothetical time feat. the Mundine Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Only on TK would a thread discussing hypothetically signing Cooper & SBW as a package deal would someone randomly bring in something to do with Braith Anasta & Jodi Gordon. I'm failing so see the relevance, but okay. :\

G

Gladiator.

Jodi Gordon is a bikie slut and Anasta is trash. Match made in heaven.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doga

If i have failed then you should say the same thing about our coach Des Hasler?

He wants to see SBW back in the NRL, he is a better judge than you 10x over, get it?

Argue that Des Hasler is injured and should sniff glue

He could have chosen any player in the NRL or Super League (Lockyer, Hayne, Dugan etc etc.)
Wanting SBW back in the game of rugby league and trying to argue he should be welcome back at the Bulldogs are two very different things, don't put them in the same bracket.

SBW was an amazing player, but the argument here is not whether he is good or not. You must be five years old to try and compare Hasler's comment to anything regarding SBW coming here, as if Hasler's comment somehow validates anything more than the fact that Sonny is a good player.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
True. With the TV deal up in the air its hard to predict what anyone can do in regards to cap space.

Heres a bit of food for thought. Is it better to have Cooper/SBW in the same team, therefore the problem of Nasser is confined to one club rather then have him spread over two?

That way he can only bring down one club internally.

Regardless, i don't think ill ever change my mind about Sonny-Bill. He hurt the club in its hour of need. Not just the fans, but guys he played with. Some he'd even won a premiership with. I dont think thats what Canterbury should stand for
This is all ive been really saying and some ppl dont get it.

Lets say SBW was in the army, and his regiment was deployed. They are in battle and SBW decided he didnt want to do that any more, and deserted. Then the regiment got pounded more because of it. Do you think they would let him back into the regiment to go fight another war?

You cant say no to the above and take SBW back. Its the same thing. We were at a time of need and in the middle of a battle (the season) and he up and left and we went to sh1t after that from the fallout for a time.

Hes a deserter, a traitor. Id rather kick his butt than welcome it back.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will only take them if they have a different manager not that pr.ick!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its only hypothetitcal but... Anthony Mundine and Khoder Nasser were the two who conned SBW into skulking off and breaking his contract with the Dogs. This created big time dramas from the CEO and Board down to the ball boy, so anything to do with Nasser and $onny Bill goes straight into the waste paper bin.

Quade Cooper is another matter entirely. Althoyugh brilliant in attack he has suffered a very bad ACL injury. Even if he does recover it will slow him down and he will lose a good bit of his stepping ability. In defence he's like a revolving door. The last thin the Dogs need is a five eighth who can't tackle. So Quade is not an option.

fra250

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fatty Vautin: "If there was one player anywhere that you could sign, they are all available, who would it be?"

Des could have said, Billy Slater no, Cooper Cronk no, Cameron Smith no, Jarryd Hayne no, Darius Boyd no, Greg Inglis no, what about Israel Folau? no, Karmichael Hunt? no.These are the best of the best of the best players.

So who did he say?

Read the quote below!!!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Someone compared SBW to El Masri in this thread.

Oh you, Kennel.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fatty Vautin: "If there was one player anywhere that you could sign, they are all available, who would it be?"

Des could have said, Billy Slater no, Cooper Cronk no, Cameron Smith no, Jarryd Hayne no, Darius Boyd no, Greg Inglis no, what about Israel Folau? no, Karmichael Hunt? no.These are the best of the best of the best players.

So who did he say?

Read the quote below!!!
So how is the quote in your sign an answer to who he would sign for us. He said back to the game in some way, not back to the Bulldogs in some way. Fact is they could have been talkng about Manly anyway, hes thier coach next year.

Des wasnt asked who would he would like to sign for the Bulldogs after 2012 was he?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Give the quote a ****ing rest FFS. We read it the first time.

Reaction score
Please, did SBW kill someone?

No he did what all employees do everyday when they are sick of their current jobs.

He should never have been allowed to leave in the first place, he should not have been put in a position that would make him want to leave.

We let go the greatest back in Thurston and the greatest forward SBW of the last decade so please think about how that was allowed to happen.

Des Hasler: "I hope to as a player as an athlete as a footballer, i hope to see Sonny Bill come back to the game in some way, shape or form. (March 2011)
dum dum

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score

So who did he say?

Read the quote below!!!
So, just to clarify, who is it exactly that Des wants?

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I find it EXTREMELY amusing how "a few" of you guys on the Forum think The whole bulldogs Community revollv's around "you" and "your" perspective.

Do you think anyone actauly cares of your Stupid Opinions. IF SBW is to be re-signed, that would be the most EPIC moment. It would be on par with The signing of Des Hasler. I have never ever meet a person who wouldnet accept SBW with pen arms.

you wont to rip your membership to shreds ? by all means go ahead. NO ONE CARES ABOUT 3-4 PEOPLES ARROGANT PERSPECTIVES !!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere (could have been a weekend paper) that Des approached SBW on two occassions to lure him to Manly. As much as the quote says that Des would like SBW back in the NRL in some shape or form, it's obvious that Dessie definitely wants SBW for his team.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is all ive been really saying and some ppl dont get it.

Lets say SBW was in the army, and his regiment was deployed. They are in battle and SBW decided he didnt want to do that any more, and deserted. Then the regiment got pounded more because of it. Do you think they would let him back into the regiment to go fight another war?

You cant say no to the above and take SBW back. Its the same thing. We were at a time of need and in the middle of a battle (the season) and he up and left and we went to sh1t after that from the fallout for a time.

Hes a deserter, a traitor. Id rather kick his butt than welcome it back.
Again Dognacious you're making outrageous comparisons... On the battlefield its a matter of life and death, desertion can literally KILL everyone around you, the army isn't a business, it isn't about making fans feel great or helping a sports club expand. It's about protecting the interests of a country (Recently) and before protecting the people of their country.

No some people like me, see the club as a business, and see the club as having one main objective: Win the Premiership, and if it means SBW can help us do that, then come on back.

If you truly believe that SBW is as bad as an army defector/deserter then you really need to get in line with reality.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Again Dognacious you're making outrageous comparisons... On the battlefield its a matter of life and death, desertion can literally KILL everyone around you, the army isn't a business, it isn't about making fans feel great or helping a sports club expand. It's about protecting the interests of a country (Recently) and before protecting the people of their country.

No some people like me, see the club as a business, and see the club as having one main objective: Win the Premiership, and if it means SBW can help us do that, then come on back.

If you truly believe that SBW is as bad as an army defector/deserter then you really need to get in line with reality.
It isnt a silly comparison at all. Both jobs involve putting your body on the line in battle, both jobs every man in the team relies on the other, in both deserting when the chips are down is cowardly and so disrepectful i cant put it into words, although i have tried. The principal is the same, you dont desert either jobs and let the team down or people suffer because of you. And we did. His team mates suffered, the club suffered and the fans suffered.

fark his talent, i would not have him back for $50 a week

I read somewhere (could have been a weekend paper) that Des approached SBW on two occassions to lure him to Manly. As much as the quote says that Des would like SBW back in the NRL in some shape or form, it's obvious that Dessie definitely wants SBW for his team.
Taking him to Manly and thinking he is a good player is one thing. Des wouldnt get SBW in the door at Belmore though, considering. He didnt sh1t on Manly (although the way he broke his contract sh1ts on the NRL in general). The fans at Manly wouldnt have a bitter taste in thier mouth over SBW like a lot of us do.

Its not that nobody will want SBW if he came to NRL again, and its not that he couldnt make an impact in the game, i just dont think after what he did, the difference he would make to the team would be worth it. We have a good enough squad now to be contenders. We dont need ANY players at all for now. Lets work on who we have, we know they can play. Another team with a lack of star players, like Sharks, might find him making a bigger difference. I dont think he would make much difference to our current sides chances at all IMO

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I find it EXTREMELY amusing how "a few" of you guys on the Forum think The whole bulldogs Community revollv's around "you" and "your" perspective.

Do you think anyone actauly cares of your Stupid Opinions. IF SBW is to be re-signed, that would be the most EPIC moment. It would be on par with The signing of Des Hasler. I have never ever meet a person who wouldnet accept SBW with pen arms.

you wont to rip your membership to shreds ? by all means go ahead. NO ONE CARES ABOUT 3-4 PEOPLES ARROGANT PERSPECTIVES !!
Hey hey !!

Long time no see ...

Where is pea ??

Status
Not open for further replies.