Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Mrbulldogs89

Waterboy
Reaction score
Howabout that dumb play he always does on 4th where he try’s to run the ball and get thru a gap it’s so predictable and he has no speed so no chance of him getting thru anyway we need to drop him asap

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Howabout that dumb play he always does on 4th where he try’s to run the ball and get thru a gap it’s so predictable and he has no speed so no chance of him getting thru anyway we need to drop him asap
Add to that - he takes himself out of being a fifth tackle kicking option - more pressure on Burton. If the 17 who played on Friday plus 18th man and Morrin n Taaffe are available - Hutchison be in the top 17? His strength is meant to be his kicking n footy iq - neither of which has been on display.

All of Salman Taafe Mann Morrin Tracey Hayward started careers in the halves - dont think any club can afford a half as slow as Hutchison

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll sum him up...Hutchison has a GREAT ATTITUDE !!!
The question is...Is that enough for him to be our 7 ?
I will repeat what a great football mind once said said about another player
I've told you once I've told you twice and now I'm telling you for the third time He is not a halfback !

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, i can only assume all the punters on here bagging Hutchison honestly believe they are smarter than CC and the coaching staff ....

Delusion runs deep amongst the usual suspects who must have a scapegoat ....

It's Perham, Flannagan, JMK, Jackson, Waddell etc ... all over again ....

Hutchison is going OK ... he has his warts for sure, but we knew that before a ball was kicked ....

He plays very straight which is why he runs the ball so much, supplies much of the talk, kicks and defends well for the most part, last night being an exception in that area.

His halves partner doesn't play straight, rarely runs the ball, is not a big talker, kicks without any real thought and still doesn't fill me with confidence defensively due to a poor technique .... what he does have is big play ability ...

It's about finding a balance .... If you could combine both players strengths, we would have ourselves a top-notch player.

Hutchison is in the team until the coaching staff deem someone can do a better job .... it's that simple.

All those bagging him have not the slightest clue of the intangibles that go into selecting a team .... this isn't super coach.

How about showing some faith in the coaches who i believe are doing a fantastic job ...

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His halves partner doesn't play straight, rarely runs the ball, is not a big talker, kicks without any real thought and still doesn't fill me with confidence defensively due to a poor technique ....
And yet "his halves partner" ran more, assisted more line breaks and tries, kicked more, kicked further, made more tackles and missed less of them.

In any case, it's really not about "his halves partner", but who is best placed to improve "his halves partner" (and the team in general).
Hutchison is going OK
...is he though?
We need a controlling halfback; a game manager. That's the job.
That's what the packaging suggested; the product...not so much.

His other forte (supposedly) is his defence...the numbers don't support that. At least not this season.
Burton, and even Sexton (supposedly cannot crack the team because of defence?) have superior tackling efficiency.

Hutchison has been given a good go, and simply hasn't delivered. Tried hard, but no dice.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
So, i can only assume all the punters on here bagging Hutchison honestly believe they are smarter than CC and the coaching staff ....

Hutchison is going OK ... he has his warts for sure, but we knew that before a ball was kicked ....

He plays very straight which is why he runs the ball so much, supplies much of the talk, kicks and defends well for the most part, last night being an exception in that area.

His halves partner doesn't play straight, rarely runs the ball, is not a big talker, kicks without any real thought and still doesn't fill me with confidence defensively due to a poor technique .... what he does have is big play ability ...

It's about finding a balance .... If you could combine both players strengths, we would have ourselves a top-notch player.

Hutchison is in the team until the coaching staff deem someone can do a better job .... it's that simple.

All those bagging him have not the slightest clue of the intangibles that go into selecting a team .... this isn't super coach.

How about showing some faith in the coaches who i believe are doing a fantastic job ...
We all have a brain and two eyes which we are free to formulate and voice our own opinions in a public forum.

What you are prescribing and preaching is what history calls blind faith and that has never ended well - World War I, World War II and Perham 2024.

What you are implying is that the coach and coaching staff are always right and knows best. That is false logic because there is only one coach and coaching staff that is right during the year and 16 coaches that got it wrong each year - simple as that. It's not an everyone gets a participation award competition. Just ask Brian Smith. Completely forgotten in the annals of NRL history whereas Bennett, Bellamy and soon Cleary will be revered and remembered.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop going off half baked

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet "his halves partner" ran more, assisted more line breaks and tries, kicked more, kicked further, made more tackles and missed less of them.

In any case, it's really not about "his halves partner", but who is best placed to improve "his halves partner" (and the team in general).

...is he though?
We need a controlling halfback; a game manager. That's the job.
That's what the packaging suggested; the product...not so much.

His other forte (supposedly) is his defence...the numbers don't support that. At least not this season.
Burton, and even Sexton (supposedly cannot crack the team because of defence?) have superior tackling efficiency.

Hutchison has been given a good go, and simply hasn't delivered. Tried hard, but no dice.
Not talking one game .... and i'm stating the fact that the coaching staff know more than you do.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all have a brain and two eyes which we are free to formulate and voice our own opinions in a public forum.

What you are prescribing and preaching is what history calls blind faith and that has never ended well - World War I, World War II and Perham 2024.

What you are implying is that the coach and coaching staff are always right and knows best. That is false logic because there is only one coach and coaching staff that is right during the year and 16 coaches that got it wrong each year - simple as that. It's not an everyone gets a participation award competition. Just ask Brian Smith. Completely forgotten in the annals of NRL history whereas Bennett, Bellamy and soon Cleary will be revered and remembered.
Nothing to do with blind faith mate ....

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not talking one game
Okay. We can do all six games in 2024 if you like. Same result.
the coaching staff know more than you do
Yes, this is very likely the case. At least, I hope so. It is kind of there job.
However. There's an objective measure to all of this which is underpinned by results; and at the moment he's simply not getting them.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. We can do all six games in 2024 if you like. Same result.

Yes, this is very likely the case. At least, I hope so. It is kind of there job.
However. There's an objective measure to all of this which is underpinned by results; and at the moment he's simply not getting them.
For a start i wasn't implying Hutchison is playing better than Burton .... just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses and suggesting the coaching staff obviously think their vastly different styles complement the team more than other combinations.

Hutchison has played all six games so he must be doing something right that is missed by many on TK ....

You honestly believe that it is only LIKELY that our coaching staff know more about footy than the average punter ?? ....

Perhaps it's just me but i find this notion to be flat out wrong .... We had half this site saying CC had no clue about defense a few months back.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[QUOTE="billy beane, post: 5011344, member: 28926"
[/QUOTE]
Hutchison is more than OK, he has a great attitude but is it enough to make him a good halfback that controls the attack and manages the game, sadly the answer is NO.
I can see him in 13 for now !

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For a start i wasn't implying Hutchison is playing better than Burton .... just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses
Indeed they do. A perfectly reasonable position.
suggesting the coaching staff obviously think their vastly different styles complement the team more than other combinations.
...or, they don't have faith in any of the alternative options (which, in turn, could mean our alternatives are shite OR our coaches just aren't properly convinced of those alternatives. Additionally, that could be the talent's problem, or those grading the talent - we'll see - and the determination of that is the results: the ultimate judge.
Hutchison has played all six games so he must be doing something right that is missed by many on TK ....
...or, refer to my previous point...
You honestly believe that it is only LIKELY
Well, what degradation of scale would please you? Quartiles? Quintiles? Deciles? Yes, I think some "punters" can "get it right", at least some of the time, where the "experts" fail. Why that is, is a complex and vexed discussion; another time perhaps.

And that discussion would be largely academic and therefore irrelevant. Fact is, we pay these guys to "get it right" most of the time. And just for shits and giggles, we make it so that their jobs depend on it (but it doesn't mean they always get it right, just because they're "the experts").
our coaching staff know more about footy than the average punter ?
They've probably forgotten more than the average punter might ever know.
But that is not the point, now is it.
Example. 2023: Hayze Perham. The "average punter" got this call right very early on. Only the "experts" wanted to persist with that clearly flawed experiment. One that exploded in spectacular failure, despite the best intentions and "unquestionable" expertise of, well, the "experts".

It's okay to be utterly obsequious, I guess. An Australian tradition you might say.
But meekly acquiescing to the omniscience of our coaching staff is simply a leap of faith. As to whether that leap of faith is well-founded or misplaced comes back to, again, results.

Thankfully, as a fan, I get to throw peanuts from this here gallery. The guys on the chopping block have to make "life and death" decisions (no, not literally) every day. And I wish them all the luck and success.

So, on that note, I am calling "Hayze Perham" on the Hutch experiment. Doesn't mean I am right - doesn't mean I'm wrong either.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some think Hutcho is there for his defence but he lets in tries every week. Just so average in attack. He looks like Hoppa playing halfback.

What about when he fell over when there was no defender near him LOL. He can't even run without tripping himself over
Sniper took him out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Indeed they do. A perfectly reasonable position.

...or, they don't have faith in any of the alternative options (which, in turn, could mean our alternatives are shite OR our coaches just aren't properly convinced of those alternatives. Additionally, that could be the talent's problem, or those grading the talent - we'll see - and the determination of that is the results: the ultimate judge.

...or, refer to my previous point...

Well, what degradation of scale would please you? Quartiles? Quintiles? Deciles? Yes, I think some "punters" can "get it right", at least some of the time, where the "experts" fail. Why that is, is a complex and vexed discussion; another time perhaps.

And that discussion would be largely academic and therefore irrelevant. Fact is, we pay these guys to "get it right" most of the time. And just for shits and giggles, we make it so that their jobs depend on it (but it doesn't mean they always get it right, just because they're "the experts").

They've probably forgotten more than the average punter might ever know.
But that is not the point, now is it.
Example. 2023: Hayze Perham. The "average punter" got this call right very early on. Only the "experts" wanted to persist with that clearly flawed experiment. One that exploded in spectacular failure, despite the best intentions and "unquestionable" expertise of, well, the "experts".

It's okay to be utterly obsequious, I guess. An Australian tradition you might say.
But meekly acquiescing to the omniscience of our coaching staff is simply a leap of faith. As to whether that leap of faith is well-founded or misplaced comes back to, again, results.

Thankfully, as a fan, I get to throw peanuts from this here gallery. The guys on the chopping block have to make "life and death" decisions (no, not literally) every day. And I wish them all the luck and success.

So, on that note, I am calling "Hayze Perham" on the Hutch experiment. Doesn't mean I am right - doesn't mean I'm wrong either.
On the money. We are running 3rd last, we could be running 7th except our attack let us down in the Souths and Storm game and the ref made some dubious calls against us in the Eels, Sharks and Souths game. We need to be looking to improve in our 20m attack - bring in a proper halfback and not a utility.

The problem with blind faith is that it lacks knowledge or credible argument. People who suffer from this never recite facts or evidence rather they resort to name calling. They are easily outraged, slander and ridicule anyone that has a differing opinion. They virtue signal and make generalisations. They never are open to identifying problems, accepting responsibility and never ever propose a solution to the problem. Content to stick their heads in the sand. We all probably have family members or associates that are like this and choose to ignore them because they have lost all sense of reasoning and any adult conversation is futile.

An example of generalisations used by blind faith people - 'We are looking better defensively this year and this is because of the coaching or this is because Hutcho is in and Sexton is not'. When you critically look the reason why, it is simply because we let go of some of the worst defenders and decision makes in the NRL in the form of Perham, Averillo, Alamoti, Waddell, Casey, RFM, TPJ and Thompson.

Last edited:

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hhhahahahhahahhahahahahahah what?????

He runs when we have 4 on 2 overlaps, talks fuck all (have you been to a match live?), kicked 3 times other night as the teams halfback and defends well? What? Blokes had some terrible defensive reads all year, cost us two tries other night alone. What on earth have you been watching????