Hutchinson is a momentum killer

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More likely than not Hayward and Taaffe both get dropped back if we get some numbers back and Hutch retains. Just not sure why we aren't looking at Bailey as being a potential solution in the 7 if Hutch is costing us and Ciraldo doesn't trust Sexton.
Bailey struggled at 7 tbh... he can be a general and organise but can buckle under pressure too.

Is Hutch going that good in defence? I honestly cant tell... Sexton cant read a play in D for shit, that was evident last week... Can Taafe defend in the line? Never seen it... Can Mann play 7? He is experienced enough...

Fcuk Gus on this one tbh

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bailey struggled at 7 tbh... he can be a general and organise but can buckle under pressure too.

Is Hutch going that good in defence? I honestly cant tell... Sexton cant read a play in D for shit, that was evident last week... Can Taafe defend in the line? Never seen it... Can Mann play 7? He is experienced enough...

Fcuk Gus on this one tbh
It is famously the hardest position to thrive in, but everything I saw tonight makes me think he's the most appropriate stop gap until these young guys come through - doesn't have the glaring weaknesses of Sexton or Hutch, play a basic straighten, distribute and tackle game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
More likely than not Hayward and Taaffe both get dropped back if we get some numbers back and Hutch retains. Just not sure why we aren't looking at Bailey as being a potential solution in the 7 if Hutch is costing us and Ciraldo doesn't trust Sexton.
He's only just come in but would do his best and needs an opportunity. Like to see him off the bench to start off his F/G career tho.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taafe didn't even play 30 mins last week. I'm happy he scored but let's not act like he played like how Many did last night.
Tracey is our best fullback option until Josh is ready for first grade.
Taafe is a rocks and diamonds player which can be a momentum killer with some of the errors he makes
Tracey for 1.
Only place left for Taafe is 7 or 14 but in both those positions he is better than Hutch.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is famously the hardest position to thrive in, but everything I saw tonight makes me think he's the most appropriate stop gap until these young guys come through - doesn't have the glaring weaknesses of Sexton or Hutch, play a basic straighten, distribute and tackle game.
Bailey is a gooden, technically very good, Chook Halligan will tell ya ( works on his kicking with him ) but his old man will tell ya he buckles with ball hand, seen it a few times myself.

Listen i would love for the kid to make it, ultimate professional but in opinion would make an absolute cracker 9.

Worth throwing him at 7 in the big leagues, fcuk why not.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should make a gif of when he fell down like gramps. Sums up his whole time with us so far. I applaud his effort man but fark me if he doesn’t kill the vibe. No one is falling for your show n go bro! Even if they do you’re so slow it doesn’t matter.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why does Hutch always make sure to get tackled on the 4th.. Worse than Tolman..

Hes meant to be our HalfBack and do something on the 5th..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he unco or something?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every second time he gets the ball it looks like he’s desperately trying not to drop it and not fall over. Then maybe he can think about what to do next.

same in defence. I don’t think I’ve seen a player that gets tackled by themselves so much

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit attack aside... Can someone get the **** a new pair of boots, forever slipping over.
Exactly, it’s like he’s perpetually acutely concussed out there. Looks like if a drunk streaker were allowed to remain on the field

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I gave ciraldo the benefit of the doubt and backed his selections.
But even I have had enough of Hutchinson.
I'm not convinced Sexton is any better though.
I'm really hoping Hayward is the best option we have.
I do like what I have seen from him in lower grades and trials.
He doesn't set the world on fire but as long as he doesn't kill our attack I'd be happy to see him get bit more game time in the halves

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In was thinking Taaffe a run in the 7 for next week
It needs to be tried at least Bob dog. We have such depth now and we need to see how another guy can handle halfback in this fast improving team. Taafe seems the obvious choice. CC has confidence in him and even if it's looked at from the angle that Hutch may get injured. If only that aspect alone....we need to have a tested 7 for those occasions.

Just hope CC can see it.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some think Hutcho is there for his defence but he lets in tries every week. Just so average in attack. He looks like Hoppa playing halfback.

What about when he fell over when there was no defender near him LOL. He can't even run without tripping himself over