Hutchinson is a momentum killer

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only think that he is there for his defence, but I'd give Taaffe a chance to see how he'd go.

Taaffe set up a great try by being able to read that the defence had come up quickly, and there was an opportunity for a kick behind them.
How many of our "playmakers" have that ability?

Taaffe can also pass to a player, not throw the ball behind them, and he has speed to burn.
>" Taaffe can also pass to a player, not throw the ball behind them"
Spot on about the passing. Our team still cannot regularly throw clean spiral passes that land just in front of the player's chest.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we're stuck with these makeshift/utility halves for a couple of years until the pups come of age. I can't see the club investing in a younger up-and-coming half from another club.
It looks like Gus,/Ciro are concentrating on our prospects for 2-3 years time and that in between, its just learning the process, following it to a man and for when the defensive system is embeded into their play.

In the meantime it will be highs and lows and a slow progression towards Top 8 until then, and not before.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hutch plays I don’t watch, it’s embarrassing to see an NRL team with such shit on the field… he’s just a reminder we have no hope this year and that Ciro is a myth

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
They need to get Hutch direct running but passing earlier to the right and for Crichton to be a little deeper - the defensive are swarming our strike power and Hutch is being forced to dummy and run the ball over and over and he just is not fast or strong enough to bust any defensive line.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The defense is definitely swarming the wider runners - Hutch needs to put a kick behind the line early in the game. He also needs to straighten his runs and switch the point of attack with inside runners - until we can be less predictable defence will continue to swamp our attackers.

We also need to get deeper - all of our games are like trench warfare compared to the other games - sometimes it looks like we are playing on a smaller field!

This week, in the wet, it will be good to have in the defensive line.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our club has an obsession with tiny fullbacks tbh. Which would be all well and good if we made up a lot of that go forward elsewhere. Except we dont

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I see Hutch taking more hitups tonight in switching off. I don't blame the guy because at the rate it's occurring it has to be a (bad) tactic.