Hurricanes - Never go there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
It wasn't long ago hurricane raised the price of ribs in steak combo from $22 to $29 - quite a large leap in pirce in one hit if you ask me. Guess what? They've done it again, now they charge $36 for it. Another $7 hike in one go. Well, that's it for me, I'm never going there again. That should deadset be $14 in my pocket not theres. And considering im in a low-paying job and have to spend alot of money on petrol to get there (from Burwood) I do not plan on returning until they drop the prices back to $29 or lower - and I honestly do not see that happening period.

Goodbye Hurricane's Bar & Grill Bondi, you've lost my business!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought you were going to say you're never going to New Orleans again. :;

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
I've wanted to try it but for that price woah

You should talk to jorgie about this

SXFEST

Milad Youssef
Reaction score
Hurricanes Is One Of The Best Resturants Going Around, If You Cant Afford It Then Dont Go, When A Business Has So Much Demand, It Has The Right To Raise Its Prices, So Stop Having A Sook And Walk Around The Corner To Mcdonalds And Buy Yourself A Happy Meal Or Go To Tossed At The Corner And Buy Something Cause Its My Cousin's Shop!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Kellys at Bondi Junction was always better IMO anyway. Go there dude!!
Huge servings, view over the city, excellent service and next door to the cinemas for afterwards.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
Kellys at Bondi Junction was always better IMO anyway. Go there dude!!
Huge servings, view over the city, excellent service and next door to the cinemas for afterwards.
Mate I was actually thinking Lone Star or Hogs breath have GREAT ribs and Steak of similar quality (if not, better) then Hurricanes. Hurricanes just has a big deal about it because it's in Bondi. People will get over it and it will begin to lose business when all its regular customers find out they've hyped up the price... yet again!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Mate I was actually thinking Lone Star or Hogs breath have GREAT ribs and Steak of similar quality (if not, better) then Hurricanes. Hurricanes just has a big deal about it because it's in Bondi. People will get over it and it will begin to lose business when all its regular customers find out they've hyped up the price... yet again!
ya and a few others i've been too that were good were, Toni Romas on Sussex street in the city, just up from King St Wharf, and also Kingsleys steak house, which is up the hill from tony rommas, although kingsleys is a pretty pricey place.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
thats freakin ridiculous!! $36??!!

I'm a bondi local and was going on there on average a few times a month. I havent gone in a while... but jebus... Thats honestly a rip off.

I just buy the hurricanes special sauce and make my own ribs, works out heaps cheaper and tastes the same.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
Ribs costs $14.95 at coles... if I buy and make them on my own, I save $21 - so in effect we're paying $21 for labour :'( no was Jose, not anymore!

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hurricanes Is One Of The Best Resturants Going Around, If You Cant Afford It Then Dont Go, When A Business Has So Much Demand, It Has The Right To Raise Its Prices, So Stop Having A Sook And Walk Around The Corner To Mcdonalds And Buy Yourself A Happy Meal Or Go To Tossed At The Corner And Buy Something Cause Its My Cousin's Shop!
your typing hurts my eyes.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whats your cousins shop? Hurricanes?

SXFEST

Milad Youssef
Reaction score
Tossed, the shop at the corner in the middle of bondi!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you meant Hurri's because I know the owner of Hurri's (the dark Brazillian guy). Bastard has a hot Ferrari LOL.

BTW

DF's Recommendation.

Start with the garlic mushrooms or garlic prawns for starters and go with the full rack of pork ribs. You cant go wrong with that.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Put it this way, Im sure everyone on this forum knows how I feel about jews, so for me to step foot in Bondi for a feed it must be fit for a king LOL I dont care if they put it up to 50 bucks I will still go there.

SXFEST

Milad Youssef
Reaction score
Couldnt agree with your more champ, some people need to wake up to themself and realise that this is the world we live in, i think if you went to GOLDEN CENTURY that you would **** your pance once the bill came lolz.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldnt agree with your more champ, some people need to wake up to themself and realise that this is the world we live in, i think if you went to GOLDEN CENTURY that you would **** your pance once the bill came lolz.
Isnt that the restaurant in chinatown??

If so, i wet my pance twice when i seen the bill. I gladly offered to pay for the meal when i took this chick out. All i ordered was mongolian lamb with rice and a drink for me, and she ordered some seafood plate and i was hit with a 98 dollar bill. FMD i have never offered to pay for a meal again :p

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt that the restaurant in chinatown??

If so, i wet my pance twice when i seen the bill. I gladly offered to pay for the meal when i took this chick out. All i ordered was mongolian lamb with rice and a drink for me, and she ordered some seafood plate and i was hit with a 98 dollar bill. FMD i have never offered to pay for a meal again :p
thats terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.