Hurrell destroys Anthony Tupous Jaw/teeth with knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...348599558?sv=9923e55e7d4da0a772d5a9ccbab051a9

Warning - slight graphic content.

They are saying around the blocks that he might be in line for a MASSIVE suspension for it, but I'm in two minds.

He's running at the time and Tupou goes down low, but at same time appears to change his stride and hammer him with the knee.

Either way I doubt it was meant to happen deliberately, raised knee or not.

We know that Klemmer got done for a while over this the other year, and this ones worse.

Massive damage to Tupous face... I wish him all the best in a speed recovery. Surgeon is going to have his work cut out for him though!

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...348599558?sv=9923e55e7d4da0a772d5a9ccbab051a9

Warning - slight graphic content.

They are saying around the blocks that he might be in line for a MASSIVE suspension for it, but I'm in two minds.

He's running at the time and Tupou goes down low, but at same time appears to change his stride and hammer him with the knee.

Either way I doubt it was meant to happen deliberately, raised knee or not.

We know that Klemmer got done for a while over this the other year, and this ones worse.

Massive damage to Tupous face... I wish him all the best in a speed recovery. Surgeon is going to have his work cut out for him though!
Looked bad ay!

Warriors probably do better without Hurrell atm anyways. Just not at his best this year...

Feel for Tupou - shattered jaw or watever - massive setback and will probably have complications for the rest of his life with his face.

I also think it was partly accidental and partly dangerous. Should probably be out for 4 weeks I think for it maybe...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to put it in the shit happens basket. Give Hurrell a week or two and be done with it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just bad luck and an accident, Hurrel runs with power and extends his body like that and braced for impact.

A suspension is needed but not something stupid though the NRL is the NRL...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly raised his knee, shatterd tupous jaw. ****s ****ed.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He clearly did though do you think his intent was to injure him or just brace for impact?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He clearly did though do you think his intent was to injure him or just brace for impact?
Doubt he had intent to injure him, but he clearly raised a knee heading into the tackle and wrecked tupou...he is ****ed.

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
very much doubt he meant to injury him, passed on a message to the sharks after the game for Tupou. He did change is running stride before contact which isn't great. I'm not sure about this bracing for contact part but, do you really brace yourself by putting your leg in a higher position? I'm not so sure you do, i think a decent suspension is in order not taking into account the injury simply the fact you can't have players rainy knees at other players

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree.

Doesn't matter that he never meant to do it. He lifted his knee when Tupou came in to tackle him. No defender should have to worry about copping an unnecessary knee to the face when going for a tackle. It's no different to someone lifting their knee or their forearm on a hit up.

Deserves to be suspended.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Didn't even hit him with the knee, watch the replays, his head hits the hip.

Hurrell has a knees up running style, Tupou was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it happens it's a full contact sport so nothing should come of it.

Toupou was a mess though, I had to pause it on TV and get the missus and show her, she wants to too happy.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Didn't even hit him with the knee, watch the replays, his head hits the hip.

Hurrell has a knees up running style, Tupou was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it happens it's a full contact sport so nothing should come of it.

Toupou was a mess though, I had to pause it on TV and get the missus and show her, she wants to too happy.
Your nickname is very fitting for the topic we're talking about here.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree.

Doesn't matter that he never meant to do it. He lifted his knee when Tupou came in to tackle him. No defender should have to worry about copping an unnecessary knee to the face when going for a tackle. It's no different to someone lifting their knee or their forearm on a hit up.

Deserves to be suspended.
Did not look too flash. It was obvious that he changed his stride and also lowered his forearm, elbow in line. At the time I thought good bump off but upon replay it looked very ordinary. Deserves a suspension and heaven's knows what the NRL judiciary will throw at him. All I can say is that if they take injury into account, which Todd Greenburger has indicated on the past they do, could be gone for a while.
Don't think that he meant to hurt him just let him know how hard he was going to be to stop, but definitely not something you want to see in the game.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He raised his leg to get out of the tackle. If they suspend him they're basically forcing players to stop as soon as a player goes down low and tries to wrap around their leg/s.

That'll be complete and utter BS!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apart from Luke the piece of shit, i doubt any player goes out with intent to injure.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Hurrell does not get suspended over this. A guy was coming at him and he braced for impact, it was just unfortunate how it ended up. Hurrell looked absolutely gutted about it afterwards so you can tell he meant no malice.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its going to be one of these cases where its trial by media before going to the judiciary, half the media were carrying on about it when it happened, now it seems like a directive has come from the nrl not to mention it and its now gone all quite, i do think he raised his knee but i dont think he ment any malice, maybe 2 weeks suspension at best

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Hurrell does not get suspended over this. A guy was coming at him and he braced for impact, it was just unfortunate how it ended up. Hurrell looked absolutely gutted about it afterwards so you can tell he meant no malice.
Shades of James Graham's suspension.

He was bracing for impact from the chargedown attempt and was upset after injuring Reynolds.

Still got sat down for it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW maximum he can go for (unless its directly referred to the judiciary without charge), is Grade 5, which is 7 weeks with no loading or guilty plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.