Hunt & Milford to Test Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunt and Milford plan to test the market from November, as their contracts expire at their end of 2017.

I'd be interested to know whether Hasler will be showing any interest.

Hunt would make a good 7 partner to Mbye at 6.

I doubt we could afford Milford.

Neither player would agree to coming here unless Hasler guaranteed them that they would have the structure to allow them to play like halves. Playing under our current structure (i.e. in the centres), would cruel their development - and they have rep careers to consider.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be the worst move for either of their careers to come here

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we don't make a play for either and are stuck with the current halves then it's deliberate sabotage by Hasler.

Gilett just re-signed so even these professional cap cheats will find it hard to keep them both

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would take Hunt in a heartbeat. Still young but has proven himself to be a very good halfback.

Milford is great too but over priced and not much of a halfback. Better for 5/8 or fullback.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Hunt could become available because Bennett wants Ash Taylor back.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Neither will come. For Milford, it's not about us not being able to afford him, it's about him wanting to be in Brisbane - that's why he left Canberra in the first place.

For Hunt... he's a future QLD halfback - he will only go to either the Titans or Cowboys IMO (Cowboys once Thurston retires perhaps?)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will throw kitchen sink my house, car, wife and kids at Hunt.

maybe not my wife and kids but yeah you got the message.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the milf you have the most energetic fullback in the Comp (if Barba got a dally m at fullback Milford should get 2). He is playing out of position and is doing well, but every time he is dangerous it's when he is positioned as a fullback or runs the ball.

And I doubt he went to Broncos for his dad. We always hear players go there for family or this or that. Facts are Barba was paid 800k when he went to the Broncos (it had nothing to do about partners and kids, he left for the money). If it was for his wife and kids then it just happens he is living in the shire again 12 months later and is happy to be in Sydney again (mind you on double what the dogs were paying him).

If the milf is on anything under 1 million I will be surprised. He probably had more endorsements then most of our team. It's the Broncos way to get players there. No one wants to play for a club for passion. It's all about the money these days.

Lockyer was apparently on 250k under the cap...... Compare that to graham who is on 3x more and is 1/3 the player locky was.

If Broncos want to keep someone they will never lose them. Or if they do they will get them again (hodges, ash Taylor).

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Neither will leave Broncos so I say don't get ya hopes up and carry on for a year likes yas have with forun..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id take Hunt for sure, its what our team needs. Id pass on Milford A the money and B his "nightlife". would not do him anygood in Sydney.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would take Hunt in a heartbeat. Still young but has proven himself to be a very good halfback.

Milford is great too but over priced and not much of a halfback. Better for 5/8 or fullback.
What a load of crap, Hunt has been off his game for the last 6 weeks lol

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hunt and Milford plan to test the market from November, as their contracts expire at their end of 2017.

I'd be interested to know whether Hasler will be showing any interest.

Hunt would make a good 7 partner to Mbye at 6.

I doubt we could afford Milford.

Neither player would agree to coming here unless Hasler guaranteed them that they would have the structure to allow them to play like halves. Playing under our current structure (i.e. in the centres), would cruel their development - and they have rep careers to consider.
We arent clever enough to make an attempt at them.
They would be clever however by staying as far away as possible from Hasler's career killing structures.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score

Young??? The guy's 26, cant pass left to right and he can't catch.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Hunt breaks under pressure and if he plays for the dogs he will always be under pressure so he is no good.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a load of crap, Hunt has been off his game for the last 6 weeks lol
Yeh he played sooooooo shit against us and against the Melbourne Storm aye when he gave both opposing halves a bath!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"they played well at another club so they should do exactly the same here.." mentality is what got us stuck with Williams for 4 years.

Every player has declined in form since Des took over. They did well at the start because Des hadn't had enough time to kill their skill and natural ability.
Anyone who thinks Hunt will get any better under Des seems to have a very short memory. He'd be lucky to make the reserve grade after 4 years under Des.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on which position Des would want to improve first, if that five-eight or fullback then chase after Milf, if its Halfback then chase after Hunt

Only problem is neither are second rate NSW/QLD park players so its not going to happen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We shouldn't even entertain the idea of this, with the exception of pushing their price up so far that Broncos pay half their cap for each.

Then again, we've signed fuck all at the moment, and had made a play at Foran, so maybe we are saving our money for a crack at either.

Neither can direct a team though, but both compliment each other really well.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No player wants to Play under Des... Foran has rejected him 3 times and hasler is like a father figure to him.... That says it all... Thank you ball boys, thank you ball girls! Hasler needs to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Would happily take Hunt.
Mbye to #6.
Reynolds to Utility bench player
Lichaa keeps the 9, but only plays half a game (Reynolds subbing on for him).

Status
Not open for further replies.