News Hughes Family Life Memberships Reinstated

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club is finally coming full circle a great move by strong leadership.For the first time in a long time I’m feeling some pride to be a bulldog!!!!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news. Hughes was the only one that stuck it to the media and defended our club in all of that mad Monday crap without a care of the backlash he may receive. Fancy a bloke that wasn’t allowed to be involved with our club still backing us and going on the defensive against rothfield and the telecrap. Canterbury through and through and the exact type of people we need to bring back if we are going to show our present team what it means to play for our club and to have pride in playing for the jersey on and off the field

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined the football club in 2005 because my avatar was unjustifiably sacked imo by Peponis and Mortimer. Contrary to what a lot of people think Mortimer actually resigned a few days later after many of his and Garry's old team mates gave him the rounds of the kitchen. Peponis had a set against the Moore/Hughes families saying at the time that he won't allow nepotism to save Garry's job, Garry had been involved at the club for 35 continuous years and he was brought to his knees. The three Hughes boys went to my old school St. John's Lakemba. No it's no coincidence Peponis leaving when their life memberships are reinstated, he couldn't face them. I now believe in karma.
Well said Punchbowl, I too went to St Johns and Benilde after that and I even knew the Hughses. Before all of that since kindergarden at Regina Caeli at Beverly Hills, that seems a life time ago. Even had the pleasure of playing in the juniors with Mark and Graeme and also knew that the whole three would and did do a splendid job for the club. And if they happen to read this (Yuz) I still think you suck at golf and squash. Ha ha good to have them back in the fold they and us deserve it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh

All 3 were FG skilled and mainstay

Corey was a good hooker/half and a real battler

Steven was a solid centre and Glenn was a very good ball playing backrow

Hughes contribution is massive
I can think of a lot worse that played FG. Adam Brideson, Daniel Dropsworth, Kane Cleal, Fred Briggs, Nick Yougquest, Ben Czislowski just to name a few.

Corey Hughes stepped up to the plate especially in the 04 final series. Was a reliable hooker.

Steven Hughes was great until his knee injury which ultimately ended his career.

Glen was a handy interchange back rower.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the posters that claimed “this is the beginning of the end for the club” when the new administration was voted in?
You sounded ridiculous at the time and less than 12 months later the new administration has already won over the majority of the fan base while making good, tough decisions regarding the roster/salary cap.
I don’t think anyone could keep a straight face and claim that the new admin has been anything other than beneficial to the Club.
The place was stale and heading in the wrong direction undoubtably.
Some of our vocal fan base are too quick to deathride our club at every opportunity which I think is a reflection of their own inadequacies.

It is probably still going to be a tough couple of years ahead but I can see the direction we are heading in and it feels like we are brewing for success.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey, Steven and Glenn = Fringe first graders that only got a run because of their connections.
Glen scored a winning GF try in 95.
Watch 98 prelim against parra. Not bad for a fringe.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steven Hughes was the pick of the boys he was even picked on the 94 Kangaroo tour unfortunately his knees never let him show his true potential. Watching Corey and Glenn play the halves was such a frustrating experience they didn’t play with any consistently. When Glenn was bad he was really bad. Changing positions was the best move for both of them and Corey turned into a decent hooker and Glenn turned into a decent backrower.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh

All 3 were FG skilled and mainstay

Corey was a good hooker/half and a real battler

Steven was a solid centre and Glenn was a very good ball playing backrow

Hughes contribution is massive
Yes they were all good first graders. Steven was the best. Would have been a FG regular if not for injury after injury. Glenn was a very good ball player at times but never quite reached his potential. Suffered a bit because of his utility value.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always going to happen.

The Hughes' and Moores' are related.

Grahame Hughes and Lynn Anderson are cousins.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Peponis left because of the Hughes return? Or was Peponis leaving the reason the Hughes's were invited back.
Anyway, its a win / win situation.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it is no coincidence that ever since Dib and Peponis have been running things we have won nothing.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm glad this happened, but what shits me is how a club legend like Peponis who was an awesome player and bleeds blue and white is actually a tosser when it comes to business. I wish the way these guys were ON the field is reflected to how they are OFF the field when running our club!