How you do you record or back up your Bulldogs games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone here records and backs up their Bulldogs matches?

I'm looking for an easier way at the moment.

I invested in a Pioneer 80GB HDD recorder years ago. I would directly record games from my TV to my Hard Drive Disk and if it was a good game then onto DVD they went!

That was before Foxtel HD or iQ came out.

Now I have Foxtel iQ so I can get a better picture but I record direct to my Foxtel iQ box because it's one touch and easier. I can still use the Pioneer HDD to get the games off the iQ box but I have to do it in real time and lose quality in recording.

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/alexa...rViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&categoryId=
Thinking of getting one of these so I can cut out the DVD recording process and go straight to my Hard Drive (My Book) back up drive.

So how do you do it and what do you think the best way is?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i use foxtel but unless it is a great game i usually delete it after a week

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
i use foxtel but unless it is a great game i usually delete it after a week

So what about back up. Do you not want to keep the games? Sooner or later your Foxtel box will fill up, fail, or be super seeded and then the games are gone for ever.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I round up all the players at ANZ and threaten them with violence if they don't replay the game step by step.

I wish I had iQ...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Waiting to here from Doga. I know he used to have heaps of games on youtube so they had to come from somewhere.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
So what about back up. Do you not want to keep the games? Sooner or later your Foxtel box will fill up, fail, or be super seeded and then the games are gone for ever.
i used to record the games onto disk but the recorder broke down and i didnt have money to get a new one

so now i rely on my trusty brain for game storage

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ask MattO at BDP. proceed with caution

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I record them on iq and download them off s torrent site if I forgot to I.q it

G

Gladiator.

steve, i looked a while back about downloading stuff off ur IQ harddrive with nothing, has there been any progression?

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxtel IQ but also online, usually on the nrl website they post the highlights and full games on the website :grinning:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
steve, i looked a while back about downloading stuff off ur IQ harddrive with nothing, has there been any progression?
I've searched around for a while too. Not to long ago.

The consensus is that it can be done. But you need to hack the software that runs the iQ box. Apparently the software hack makes the iQ box unstable. The last thing you want is Foxtel coming to repair your iQ box, finding out you hacked it and making you pay $$$ to replace it with a new one.

I got a S-Video cable yesterday and hooked up my iQ box direct to my Hard Drive Recorder and the picture quality is 10x better than RCA. Still have to record in real time though. :(

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only way to do it is to buy a tv tuner/capture card for your PC. connect the IQ via RCA out to your capture card and use any software to record the playback.

But the easiest way to do it is to just download via torrents.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Only way to do it is to buy a tv tuner/capture card for your PC. connect the IQ via RCA out to your capture card and use any software to record the playback.

But the easiest way to do it is to just download via torrents.
I'm new to the whole torrent thing. Do you have any suggestions to find the bloody games? I search under "Canterbury Bulldogs torrent" and all I ever get is a game against the Eels in rnd 8.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dalger the games are usually uploaded to a torrent site pm me if you want it cause in on my phone and I'll forget lol

Status
Not open for further replies.