How will the comp work in 2023 with 17 teams?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its gunna be about 6% more fucked up.

They should call the new team the Brisbane Covids. Coz they will be playing to empty stadiums. They arent going to get Broncos fans to switch, not sure where the fan base is coming from.
You might be right, very very few people go to games for the games entertainment value these days, like they did in the past.
Now days only fanatical fans go to games, and then only to games which involved their team.
As much as I like the idea of having 2 teams in Brisbane, I am predicting that it will be failure, and will only do more harm to the game.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its gunna be about 6% more fucked up.

They should call the new team the Brisbane Covids. Coz they will be playing to empty stadiums. They arent going to get Broncos fans to switch, not sure where the fan base is coming from.
I completely agree. Would make more sense to bring in a team in Rockhampton or Mackay so the people from that area could back that team and leave Brisbane to Brisbane, they're far enough away in distance to be separated geographically from Broncos territory. In saying that, out of the choices of Redcliffe and Ipswich, i think the Dolphins will get it and i hope they allow them to continue to be Redcliffe Dolphins instead of changing their name to Brisbane Dolphins.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is 2.6 million people in Brisbane, plenty of Donkey's haters for another team to thrive. Plus they are playing like Donkeys, so the good time Charlies will be looking for someone else to support. As a bonus the Donkey's non football, management structure, is a complete fark up and it will take Ikin some time to sort that out. Good time for a new team in Brisbane to swoop in and steal the market, that has for far too long been a one team city.

Always a Bulldog