How will our beloved club fare in 2024.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008 was bad but we were able to recruit our way out for 2009. Unfortunately we can't this time around even though we have some good players coming in we still lack leaders in the right positions.
In 08 we were lucky because Bennet was leaving the Bronks, and it was touted that he was heading our way and some bronco players were keen to follow him, Staggs Hannant, Eastwood, if we had signed bennet we would also have had Dauius, BTW Darius won the Churchill medal when the dragons won the GF on 2 years latter.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really hoping we can get top 12, maybe as high as 10
This is a realistic view - agree. That is unless we manage a miracle Marquee signing and some decent middles. Can’t see us reaching the finals, big ask.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
things would want to improve drastically and very fast for next season, at the moment its an embarrassment and a shit show, i cannot ever recall things ever being this bad at the club
Read books on our history and Bullfrog's takeover for example...it's happened before. We survived and thrived. But we need to make sure we have the right people on board in every area.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Which is a complete fiction in my opinion that's a Gus smoke screen, he never said pre season or early in the year that he told Ciro NOT to coach in 2023.

He's only selling that story line due to decline in results.
Nope, link below.
I don’t have Farcebook so can’t confirm this is the right video but pretty sure it is, have a look for yourself:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
100% it was over hyped. The club did plenty of PR shit during pre season and the trials that it was going to be a bumper season. Yet somehow Gould's supporters are spinning that he was very clear about it being a total write off before the season even kicked off.

He was very overly optimistic in his media, he's only turned full negative since the Knights flogging
Neither of those positions are true.

Yes the club did PR - they have to.
The Kennel videos were good gear and what fans were calling out for - more content from the club.

That said I wouldn’t have re-signed Reynolds nor trumpeted his ‘homecoming’.

If you attended the AGM and/or season launch as I did, you’d know Gould spoke cautiously of the season but he neither talked things up nor described it as a ‘total write off’. What he DID say was Ciraldo wanted ‘in the fight’ when Gus told him he could stay another year and win another comp at Penrith. He actually said the Dogs still had ‘a trip down the mines’ before we could compete with most of the other teams.

I don’t think Ciraldo is the problem.
Cleary did nothing at the Tigers, went back to Penrith and came out smelling roses. Madge went from a title at Souths to the cellar at the Tigers.

Those who don’t want to buy in, no worries show them the door and see who’s willing to pay them big coin to do nothing post football.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After last week's effort I was thinking spoon in 24 as the Tigers and Drags will improve. With everything that has come to light in the media recently it seems pretty clear there will be more change over the off season. Hoping we can make some upgrades over the summer, good preseason and be in the 8-12 bracket, probably wishful thinking but hoping none the less.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather see us forfeit a season than finish with another wooden spoon
Killing the club?
Forfeiting?
Get off the pipe Alzz, this is some of the craziest stuff you’ve said yet and that’s no small feat!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
In 08 we were lucky because Bennet was leaving the Bronks, and it was touted that he was heading our way and some bronco players were keen to follow him, Staggs Hannant, Eastwood, if we had signed bennet we would also have had Dauius, BTW Darius won the Churchill medal when the dragons won the GF on 2 years latter.
Bennett will be a Bulldogs in 2025

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clubs has had its ups and downs - they weren’t that good before Peter Moore came into the fold and they became great for the next 3 decades… sh!t needs to get worse before it gets better, we need to give these guys a few years to recruit and develop players, build culture, maintain behaviours and achieve results.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Clubs has had its ups and downs - they weren’t that good before Peter Moore came into the fold and they became great for the next 3 decades… sh!t needs to get worse before it gets better, we need to give these guys a few years to recruit and develop players, build culture, maintain behaviours and achieve results.
Yeah well watta we gonna be talkin about on TK if we have to give these guys a few more years!!!! :grinning: :grinning:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think it's not so bad. Liam Knight seems to be going ok and one or two more like him in the off season and hope Patolo and Hughes can make the step up to NRL that they were meant to do this year and things looking better. I like like the signings for 24. Need some more though which will be hard with the negativity and managers would have already been pushed for making these 1 and 2 year deals and playing hardball.