How will Maguire and Hasler be remembered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He should go into some sort of sports science consulting roll. He definitely had an understanding of stats ect. I'm not saying that did wonders 100% of the time at the Dogs but I'm sure people out there that would find that sort of info useful and pay for it.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maguire will be remembered as the coach who was gifted a premiership as it was all about the Rabbits that year.

Des will be remembered as the plague that infected our club and put everyone through a slow, agonizing death. Club killer!!
Gifted ? Absolutely!

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
History seems to favor the legacy of the players more than the coach particularly the great herd of coaches who win a single title. Very few coaches depart on their own terms and ultimately for just about all of them leave with with a kick up the butt. Harsh but true.

According to logic winning a title as a coach proves that coach to be of the highest order but the following years just seem to indicate that they are just another coach with no special powers. Haslers sacking reminded me a bit of Tooveys sacking. They both lost the angry ant persona a fair way out from their demise as if they sensed that the writing was on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.