How we get Cogger this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the sad news that Tautau Moga has done his ACL and will be out for the season the Knights will now be looking for a replacement. I believe we should offer up a trade for Cogger using Holland. The incentive for Holland to move is a FG spot that he can make his own with no obvious competition. We need to see what Cogger offers now and get out of Holland's contract extension

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Watsons injury there’s no way they are going to release Cogger early.
They have no other centres outside of Deniss who is young and got shown up pretty badly last season. They still have Hazard and Johns Jr but we could offer Frawley if they wanted a half to make the deal go through

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well we have no cash to add to the deal. So we would need them to think holland is worth as much as cogger. Which he isn't

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wtf are we gonna do with Cogger now?

Already at Round 5 with no nrl experience let alone a preseason with the Dogs.

Would do more harm than good

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have no other centres outside of Deniss who is young and got shown up pretty badly last season. They still have Hazard and Johns Jr but we could offer Frawley if they wanted a half to make the deal go through
We have no bargaining power because the Knights have something we want and by the looks of things the Knights don’t want anything we have so we are at their mercy unfortunately.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I read an article and Matt Shirvington said Holland was fast or quick. Lmao

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no bargaining power because the Knights have something we want and by the looks of things the Knights don’t want anything we have so we are at their mercy unfortunately.
They were linked to Holland before he re-signed with us and as I said they have no centres. If we want Cogger now this is the way to get him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were linked to Holland before he re-signed with us and as I said they have no centres. If we want Cogger now this is the way to get him
They might not want him now! The Knights still have plenty of cap space so I think they will want someone better then Holland and keep Cogger for depth in the halves.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the way lamb has played this year he might get some first grade experience before coming to us. No way Newcastle will release him - and he is probably our first pick centre/wing if we get any injuries

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Not gonna happen they won't budge. He might start this week over Lamb I've heard.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With the sad news that Tautau Moga has done his ACL and will be out for the season the Knights will now be looking for a replacement. I believe we should offer up a trade for Cogger using Holland. The incentive for Holland to move is a FG spot that he can make his own with no obvious competition. We need to see what Cogger offers now and get out of Holland's contract extension
Knights have crazy amounts of depth.

Moga is out but their backline is:
1. Ponga
2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. ??? Moga ???
5. Nathan Ross

But suitable replacements are Pat Mata'utia, Ken Sio, Cory Denniss, Brent Naden, Brayden Musgrove, Hughes (injured), and Meaney (injured).

and with Watson injured, suitable replacements in: Brock Lamb, Christian Hazard, Jack Johns (Matty Johns son), and Jack Cogger.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights have crazy amounts of depth.

Moga is out but their backline is:
1. Ponga
2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. ??? Moga ???
5. Nathan Ross

But suitable replacements are Pat Mata'utia, Ken Sio, Cory Denniss, Brent Naden, Brayden Musgrove, Hughes (injured), and Meaney (injured).

and with Watson injured, suitable replacements in: Brock Lamb, Christian Hazard, Jack Johns (Matty Johns son), and Jack Cogger.
How are any of those replacement players you names even FG standard? I still think getting Cogger early is a better solution than Austin or Sezer anyway.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just cant understand pays hardon for cogger i have a worrying feeling hell be bog average ,why didnt our brains trust go for mason lino good half and kicks goals far more advanced player than cogger

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I mentioned this on various Facebook threads. I think Holland would be such a handy player if he just had more pace, to slow to be a great winger and to small to be a great centre... would love for him to prove us all wrong and eventually cement a spot in our 17... but at this point in time a trade for Cogger would be amazing.
However I can see Knights just going with;
1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. SKD
4. Mata'utia
5. Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.