How to..

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
how to post pictures and not links?

how to link my twitter photo to a picture in my sig, like a few other Kennelers have done?

sorry for my newbie-ness :D and thanks for your help!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
1. Go to "Settings" (top right corner)
2. Go to "Edit Signature" (left hand menu)

when the post window opens ...

3. Click on the icon that looks like a picture frame.
4. Paste your link
5. Save changes.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
1. Go to "Settings" (top right corner)
2. Go to "Edit Signature" (left hand menu)

when the post window opens ...

3. Click on the icon that looks like a picture frame.
4. Paste your link
5. Save changes.
but I want a picture there for people to click with the link embedded in it or something..
Also, to the first part of my thread, how do i post pictures in threads without the link, just the pic?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
but I want a picture there for people to click with the link embedded in it or something..
Also, to the first part of my thread, how do i post pictures in threads without the link, just the pic?
Ahhh gotcha ... pretty sure I answered the second part above ...

Who has a sig with the link attached to the image ?
(Gimme a name ... I can take a peek behind the scenes for ya, and find out how they did it)

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score

(Gimme a name ... I can take a peek behind the scenes for ya, and find out how they did it)
HazElMagic is one guy..
and thanks lol I didn't realise that you did

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score

well? haha

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
to post a pic from another webpage and not your pc - go through the icons directly above where you are typing and you will find the icon that is 'insert image'. do this after you have placed the cursor where you want the image, if it's between sentences, etc.

once you click on that icon, click on 'from url' and uncheck the 'retrieve remote file and reference locally'. then paste the url into the field and voila!

if you want to use pics from your pc, it will create a link only. the only way around this that i know of, is to post/submit your comment with image attached and then click on that link, followed by copying the url that link provides, then click back and edit your post with going back through what i just mentioned above. you will still have to keep the link for the image to appear though, from what i can recall

i have no idea how to make a sigpic double into a link

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do this as VAI said:

''to post a pic from another webpage and not your pc - go through the icons directly above where you are typing and you will find the icon that is 'insert image'. do this after you have placed the cursor where you want the image, if it's between sentences, etc.

once you click on that icon, click on 'from url' and uncheck the 'retrieve remote file and reference locally'. then paste the url into the field and voila! ''

AND then to link to Twitter via the image, highlight that entire image URL and click the globe icon one across to the right of the smilies icon and then insert the destination link to which you want the user to be sent to if they click on the picture in your signature.

Like this: (I've just linked back to this thread via a random image, but this is what it will look like)

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
thanks so much Book, VAI and CK <3 wub you guys

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
click the insert image button.

or

just paste the link iin between

P

Paint.

to post a pic from another webpage and not your pc - go through the icons directly above where you are typing and you will find the icon that is 'insert image'. do this after you have placed the cursor where you want the image, if it's between sentences, etc.

once you click on that icon, click on 'from url' and uncheck the 'retrieve remote file and reference locally'. then paste the url into the field and voila!

if you want to use pics from your pc, it will create a link only. the only way around this that i know of, is to post/submit your comment with image attached and then click on that link, followed by copying the url that link provides, then click back and edit your post with going back through what i just mentioned above. you will still have to keep the link for the image to appear though, from what i can recall

funny you mention this because i was just about to say that to post a pic from another webpage and not your pc - go through the icons directly above where you are typing and you will find the icon that is 'insert image'. do this after you have placed the cursor where you want the image, if it's between sentences, etc.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
click the insert image button.

or

just paste the link iin between
Nice late info Moe, well done, great moderator work there. I'm very impressed, and you also did a great job of only answering half the request. Outstanding.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice late info Moe, well done, great moderator work there. I'm very impressed, and you also did a great job of only answering half the request. Outstanding.
I just posted a simple answer cause everyone else was over-complicating it.

They OP asked a simple question. I gave a clear simple answer so people don't have to read through crap.

But thank you. I am a great mod aren't I....