How to make real change

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan (turned to him over Holbrook now as it would almost guarantee us Ennis)
Ennis (assistant)
Kimmorley (halves coach)
And a former great fullback to help Meaney as ATM he's got the tools but doesn't know how to use them.
These 3 would change our attack completely even with the current team we have.[/QUOTMeaney has speed and that’s all,not the quickest between the ears and lacks courage.Hard to coach that into a player

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin the guy who had titans Wots his name the dick that’s Queensland’s coach Toovey you guys go on about dymock loyal dymock and his mate il take the parramatta money pay some of us have long memories
Griffin is mediocre he has never won shit.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would start talking to Walters after SOS.
Walters unproven and coaching sos players apposed to this outfit is vastly different. Definitely has a smarter football brain than the front rower but doubt he'll win us a premiership

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Around the time of Kevin Moore's sacking, he himself said he wasn't interested in taking up a head coaching gig.

Besides, he's had ample opportunity both here and the UK to take up a job. You'd think after being around the game for all these years, he'd be appointed by now.
Hey 2011 lolololol
His said numerous times in the last few years he wants a nrl fg gig

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you remember half his press conferences?
"Manchild" is a term for immature.
I don't think Des was immature. His persona at press conference was a result of the high quality questions asked at those conferences.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
95% of the fans were calling for des to be sacked and got their wish. Look where we are now
I still reckon if Dib didn’t sack Des the new board would of kept him and honored his 2 year contract but would of taken all power off him in relation to recruitment and retention. And just told him to coach, things may have been different.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can blame a coach. Players are frustrated because what there coach has told them to do isn't working, so as a result they push a pass, lay in a tackle, etc. Our completion rate is up there with the best in the league so this error narrative that some of you bring up doesn't exist. Pay is responsible for us sitting at the bottom of the ladder.
It was today!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I still reckon if Dib didn’t sack Des the new board would of kept him and honored his 2 year contract but would of taken all power off him in relation to recruitment and retention. And just told him to coach, things may have been different.
Im sure Dib didn't want to sack him and only did so to try get reelected. Too much politics ruining this club. Don't forget the noise to get rid of des was immense. He was sacked for a potato

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im sure Dib didn't want to sack him and only did so to try get reelected. Too much politics ruining this club. Don't forget the noise to get rid of des was immense. He was sacked for a potato
Far out, Dib killed us. Never ever sack any player or coach if you don't have somone better to replace them with. Simple philosophy isnt it

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The results have not been what we hoped for. Changes have been made by dispensing with certain people.
Thats means the club is aware of whats going on.
The cuts need to go further. Georgallis needs to be shown the door, Penna in hopeless. Antonelli in same boat.
I would steal Michael Potter to work as assistant to Pay.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The results have not been what we hoped for. Changes have been made by dispensing with certain people.
Thats means the club is aware of whats going on.
The cuts need to go further. Georgallis needs to be shown the door, Penna in hopeless. Antonelli in same boat.
I would steal Michael Potter to work as assistant to Pay.
Why would Georgallis need to go?

The bloke won NSW Cup & the State Premiership last year, so it is obvious that he is value to the club in some sort of coaching capacity.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good old fashioned stand off if memberships drop of 50 percent and merchandise sales drop they will listen. we have been bad for long time
Imagine If you were paying these players out of your pocket and like almost everyone who works in the real world is based on performance if that was the precedent you would have sacked the whole playing group

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So why hasnt he put his hat in the ring, either here or the UK?
Not looking to enter into shit slinging with anyone, though this isn’t right.

He has put his hat in the ring. He wanted the coaching gig when Des was sacked. He left as he didn’t like he wasn’t picked ahead of pay after doing his apprentice here where as pays been at storm, raiders etc.

I would go on a limb and say he thought he had a chance to get sharks gig with flanno in hot water (they clearly knew all this) and probz dirty that Morris got picked ahead so wouldn’t be shocked if he moves on again somewhere else .

Irrelevant I hoped we would of went with dymock back when we picked pay. Purely because I liked how when he stepped in when Moore was sacked he dropped jmoz and said to find form. Most balls any coach has shown for us going back to that move.

Regardless our coach is shit and our roster is shit. I’m undecided on the board but both need major major changes and if the board don’t make 2020 look like it’s heading that way then they can go too.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look at our staff and people can decide if this is the right fit to create success.

Coach - Dean Pay. Played in 80s.

Assistant - Steve Georgallis. Played in 90's.

Trainer - Tony Grimaldi. Played 90's, 2000's.

So with the way the modern game is being played today how can we expect success when we only surround the team with old school ex players who played a completely different style to the way the game should be played today to create success?
When you are a coach unless you have been involved in the role and experienced the way the game has evolved then you are only banking on your own experiences and as a result our players are rubbing with the minds of ex players that played the game in a completely different way.

If we don't surround our players with staff that have been involved and played the game within the past ten years then we will fall so far behind that this club will only get use to successful failures.