How the Parra saga affects Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Without stating the obvious which is the Eels were somehow allowed to kick off season 2016 circa 600k over the cap.

Closer to the kennel this illegal squad beat us twice in 5 weeks.

illegally.

Not only half our current losses are due to the Eels but like OtaraDog stated it affects our F&A as well seeing they avg 20 ppg v us

The fallout over the last loss is huge with fans turning in memberships probably decrease in dogs merchandise, less fans at next home game, player unrest, coach in strife, bewildered former greats etc

Raelene should be asking NRL to explain as due to their professional negligence prior to the season with incorrect auditing the club has or will lose money (fans)

rant over

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess that's why they call it "luck of the draw".

We may have also not played them at all, and just lost to another team.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
As to how the penalties against Parramatta affect the Dogs (and other clubs) can someone please explain to me why they are allowed to keep a points differential which is currently plus 45.

It is stated on the NRL website that Parramatta can keep plus 45 points. In my view they should be returned to a zero differential and I do not understand how the NRL can justify stripping 12 competition points from them ( acquired by an illegally assembled team) but let them keep plus 45 points (acquired by the same illegally assembled team).

What if a team misses a ranking (for a spot in the 8 or otherwise) on a less than 45 point differential to Parramatta? It is not an unrealistic scenario.

It's a very poor decision by the NRL to let them keep anything in my view.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It sucks that Greenturd is so soft. He doesn't want to replicate the heart ache that Storm fans went through and wants Eels fans to still have hope (what a load of shit).

Spoon is right though, we should have won last week. The team they fielded wasn't over the cap.

Let's just hope there is some justice and they lose a key player like Norman. Losing just Watmough will absolutely send me mental.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I like the guy but where is Drop Bear? He was a very vocal voice in the lead up.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm more interested in how the secured Kiren Foran,

They are $600k over the cap, so clearly they shouldn't have been able to offer Kiren what they offered him, thus we would have had a better chance of picking him up ourselves

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more interested in how the secured Kiren Foran,

They are $600k over the cap, so clearly they shouldn't have been able to offer Kiren what they offered him, thus we would have had a better chance of picking him up ourselves
The whole thing is a farce if you ask me... They secured Foran and Jennings in the off season while they are over the cap.. They played 9 games and accumulated point and FA while over the cap.
And now they are gonna get rid of some broken donkey (who wouldn't play a single game this year anyways) so they can continue playing for points.
when and if they retire AW his repayment compensation wouldn't come under the cap and it will free close to $750K this year and next year, thus putting them under and allowing them to keep Norman.

They only need to win 12 out of 15, if you have a look at their draw it's very doable.

The decision came in a time giving them over 10 days to get rid of players. That in itself is piss poor.

Tell me, why other clubs shouldn't cheat?

using the same example, we could have signed JT on a $1M and Cooper Cronk on another $1m and when we get caught we just get rid of Trex, JR and couple of other useless players... Same formula applies..

Pathetic!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole thing is a farce if you ask me... They secured Foran and Jennings in the off season while they are over the cap.. They played 9 games and accumulated point and FA while over the cap.
And now they are gonna get rid of some broken donkey (who wouldn't play a single game this year anyways) so they can continue playing for points.
when and if they retire AW his repayment compensation wouldn't come under the cap and it will free close to $750K this year and next year, thus putting them under and allowing them to keep Norman.

They only need to win 12 out of 15, if you have a look at their draw it's very doable.

The decision came in a time giving them over 10 days to get rid of players. That in itself is piss poor.

Tell me, why other clubs shouldn't cheat?

using the same example, we could have signed JT on a $1M and Cooper Cronk on another $1m and when we get caught we just get rid of Trex, JR and couple of other useless players... Same formula applies..

Pathetic!
Great points

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me that much tbh. Im more pissed at the this so called footy we see dished up week after week from the club. Parra being stripped or not stripped doesn't change how i feel about the club atm.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me that much tbh. Im more pissed at the this so called footy we see dished up week after week from the club. Parra being stripped or not stripped doesn't change how i feel about the club atm.
Agree with this, but if Parra didn't fraudulently signed Foran ($300k more than what we offered) than we could have him playing in the 6 instead of JR..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fifa has more credibility than the NRL ATM ............

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree with this, but if Parra didn't fraudulently signed Foran ($300k more than what we offered) than we could have him playing in the 6 instead of JR..
Marley imagine if we got Foran to replace your fav player JR[emoji23]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still think parra will finish 8th and we will finish 9th

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though you, we, dont like the style i bet you if it comes down to us or parra making the eight and they get in on for and against it will bother you lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even though you, we, dont like the style i bet you if it comes down to us or parra making the eight and they get in on for and against it will bother you lol.
It would bother anyone that finishes in 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.